Welcome to the APBWeb.
    OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Clarification on ranks

Stolen from a buddy who posted on *another* police site. Since I wont go there anymore, i will share here instead. Correct as needed.

Police officer - line grunt. Goes shooting at least once a week and keeps gun clean.

Corporal - line grunt with stripes that says he has to talk to the reporters at all big scenes. Had been divorced once. Goes shooting once a year for qualifications.

Sgt - Three stripes and supervises all of the above. Will rip into you for screwing up, but tends to forget to mention your sins to the brass (at least the good Sgts do). Still works the street. Has been divorced twice. Still knows which end of the gun goes bang.

Lt. - Sits in an office and works the street when something major happens. Sends your reports back to you for repairs and chews you out for big sins. He or she is a little fuzzy on which end of the gun goes bang, so they just play it safe and leave it in the holster. The third marriage seemed to take.

Captain - Sits in a bigger office and has a prettier badge. Yells at the Lt, who yells at you. Is afraid of his or her own gun, so it stays in the closet at home. Will smile ackwardly at officers, but tends to avoid them. Can't retire because he's paying three alimonys.

Chief - Has the prettiest badge. Can't remember where his gun is let alone how to work it, but that's ok, that's what officers are for. Has the biggest office. Yells at anyone he or she wants to. Talks nicely to the media when something really big happens, then usually fires or suspends the officer who had anything to do with it. Marriage #4 was the magic one.
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Hahaha I love it...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Dinosaur32 is offline Long In The Tooth
    Only problem is that your buddy failed to note that the lynchpin in the whole chain of command is the Lt.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    Only problem is that your buddy failed to note that the lynchpin in the whole chain of command is the Lt.
    I HAVE to agree with that!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

K9brando is offline Fun In The Snow!
    Verified LEO
    Hey Brad...this is most definiteley the RRPD huh? hahahahahahahahahahaha
    I'm ready for spring!

Thread Information