Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Sabre red oc

EXCELSIOR is offline Rookie

Sabre red oc

Has anyone had experience using Sabre red OC ? Was it effective on the subject?
    Last edited by EXCELSIOR; 10-26-06 at 08:44 AM.

Cheech Guest
    why did you get sprayed?

No Sir I didnt I was thinking of buying a can for a self defense tool.

spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO
    That is what the Wife’s department uses. It is good stuff, and I have seen angry large men cry like a little bitch with a skinned knee and run with their hands covering their eyes right down a hill into trees after being hit so, yea, it works!

Now, that being said, I think the Fox Products 5.3 is currently the king of the hill. Im not sure if you make it any hotter than 5.3 Million SHU's they will even know so.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

dlocke1419 is offline Officer First Class
    I use it and its pretty good and seems to take less time then others to take effect on the suspect.

covman454 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I used to carry the regular Sabre OC. I got sprayed with the Sabre in the academy, and it hurt like hell. It comes out of the can with a lot of pressure and I thought my eyeball was going to be permanantly indented. Never did spray anyone with it though. In my personal experience the decon time with the Sabre was shorter than Def-Tec or Freeze +P.

I was told to switch to Def-Tec because of Taser compatability.

Covman

Sabre red H20 is taser compatible.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    i have some experience here

ive been sprayed a lot, by a lot of different brands...as a cert team member for the department of corrections in DE they sprayed us every chance they could for "training". then later, in the police academy, i volunteered for a direct hit of the sabre red to show the class the effects. they videotaped it, again for "training".

in the doc, i was always able to complete the obstacle course without any problems after the spraying, no matter what brand they used on me. of course it hurt afterward, but i felt i could work through it and did. in the police academy, when i got the sabre red, it hurt bad. i was able to keep my eyes open and count to ten, but then it took over, and it was the worst of all the brands ive been hit with.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

THE LAW is offline Around the next turn
    Ive been sprayed by OC, Mark 5 and sabre red. Sabre red was def the worst. However I think if OC was in a stream instead of a fog it would be close to sabre red.

Thread Information