Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: **Safety Tips**

KNR509 is offline Often Intimated……but Never Duplicated!

**Safety Tips**

A Friend of mind post this message on my myspace account and I thought I would post it on LEF. You know better safe than sorry. Even I learned something new.

Safety Tips!
    Body: A friend forwarded me these tips and suggested that I send it around to all of my friends. You may have seen some of them before, but it doesn't hurt to refresh yourself. By the way, while most people naturally assume that these tips are for women, men are also attacked and may not know how to defend themselves or what to watch out for. So, don't leave them out when you pass this on.

Because of recent abductions in daylight hours,refresh yourself with these things to do in an emergency situation...
    This is for you, and for you to share with your wife,your children, everyone you know.

After reading these 9 crucial tips , forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

1 . Tip from Tae Kwon Do :
    The elbow is the strongest point on your body.
    If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans .
    If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse,
    DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM .
    Toss it away from you....chances arethat he is more interestedi n your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.
    The driver won't see you, but everybody else will.
    This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping,
    eating, working, etc.,and just sit doing their checkbook,
    or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!
    The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side,put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go.
    AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

a. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head
    DO NOT DRIVE OFF,
    repeat:
    DO NOT DRIVE OFF!
    Instead gun the engine and speed into anything,wrecking the car.
    Your Air Bag will save you.If the person isi n the back seat they will get the worst of it .
    As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5 . A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot,or parking garage:
    A.) Be aware:look around you,look into your car,at the passenger side floor ,and in the back seat

B..) If you are parked next to a big van,enter your car from the passenger door. Most predators attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C..) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle,and the passenger side.If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car,you may want to walk back into the mall, or work,and get a guard/policemanto walk you back out.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS:
    take the elevator instead of the stairs.
    (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot.) This is especially true at NIGHT!

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control,
    ALWAYS RUN!
    The predator will only hit you(a running target)4 in 100 times;
    And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!

8. Women are always trying to be sympathetic:
    STOP .
    It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp,and often asked "for help"i nto his vehicle, or with his vehicle,
    which is when he abducted his next victim.
    ******* Here it is *******

9. Another Safety Point:
    Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. the police told her"Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."
    The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window,and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said,
    "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someonedropped off a baby
    He said they have not verified it,but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the doorfor a crying baby ----
    This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America 's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana .

I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know.
    It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.
    I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it
    and it's better to be safe than sorry.
    *A GIRL COP*

In Loving Memory Officer Keith Houts

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    1- See bad guy
    2- dislike bad guy
    3- pull glock 45
    4- take bad guy out
    5- put glock 45 back in holster
    6- go on with life.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Why I drive a small car: If anyone's 'hiding' in there, it's as obvious as a cat trying to bury its mess on linoleum. Anyone over 5'10" would need a can opener to get inside, even without worrying about being seen. I threaten my tall friends by telling them they have to ride in the back. Plus, while it's a nice car, I don't like sitting in it just to sit there. I'm happier doing 80 on the interstate. And if someone tries to climb in while I'm doing that, then I'm screwed anyhow, because I somehow pissed off Superman.

And as far as the baby crying thing, I'm going to rain on yet another parade. Sorry about that. http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/crybaby.asp
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I'm with Bufford - A good gun can solve most of those problems at some point.

Some of those stunts may also piss off the robber enough to cap your ass.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information