Welcome to the APBWeb.
    kay88 is offline Sergeant

Please keep in your prayers

CANTERBURY — A Dover man was killed on Wednesday when his SUV left Interstate 93, crashed into a tree and burst into flames.

The State Medical examiners office has identified the victim as Russell T. Buck, 24, of Dover.

An employee of at the medical examiner's officer said Buck was a member of the Coast Guard.

Troopers from the New Hampshire State Police are continuing to investigated an incident that saw them being summoned to a Canterbury stretch of I-93 at 11:29 p.m.

Authorities say Buck was traveling northbound in a 1996 Isuzu SUV when for unknown reasons the vehicle traveled into the median, without slowing, for approximately 300 feet before striking a tree.

After striking the tree the vehicle became engulfed in flames and was totally burned.

Buck, the vehicles only occupant, was killed and an autopsy was require to identify him and determine the cause of death.

Officials from the state medical examiners office said Buck died as a result of blunt injuries to his chest and the laceration of his aorta.

Troopers were assisted at the scene by the Canterbury and Tilton-Northfield Fire Departments, and the N.H. Fire Marshals Office.
    (Foster's Online http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...282/-1/CITIZEN )

Russell Buck
    New Ulm — Russell Buck, 24, formerly of New Ulm, died Thursday, October 26, 2006 from injuries he received in a motor vehicle accident in Canterbury, New Hampshire.

Russell Thomas Buck, the son of Drew and Sharon (Witte) Buck, was born on May 25, 1982, in New Ulm. He attended St. Paul’s Lutheran Grade School and then Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School graduating in the class of 2000. Russell enlisted in the United States Coast Guard in July of 2000. He had served in the states of Michigan and Maine and last served aboard the USS Campbell which was home ported out of Portsmouth, Maine. Approximately six months ago Russell was transferred to the Land Station in Boston, Massachusetts.
    (New Ulm Journal Online http://www.nujournal.com/obit/articl...articleID=4386 )
    I did not know Russ personally, as he graduated the May before I got to Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School, but his sister Emily was a year ahead of me and I got to know her and his dad is one of my professors here at Martin Luther College.
    I just wanted to ask that you keep his family and friends in your prayers.
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Julia Guest
    be glad to say a prayer 4 u and his family

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    May he RIP...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    Thoughts and prayers go out to Russell and his family......

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It is much appreciated
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just as an update for you. I don't want anyone to get any misconceptions about Russell. He was not driving drunk, he was not driving in any dangerous way. However, when he was young he had epilipsy, and it would only strike him rarely in his adult years. His family said that usually he could feel them, but this time turned out he did not feel it coming on until it was too late... I just wanted to update that so no one got bad impressions
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I was thinking asleep at the wheel myself.

Do they really know he had a seizure, or are they guessing because he had no alcohol in his system?

I've been seizure free for over 30 years, but I still consider myself to have epilepsy.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

It is probably good to still consider yourself to have it. Relapses are always possible. Which is why I worry a lot about my sister (who has been seizure free for 9 or 10 years now) because she is now 17 and driving and all that stuff.. but for him, he's had relapses in his adult life. I'm not sure what kind of seizures he would get either. Because any one of them could have caused the crash. There are so many questions. But I just wanted to make sure that his name stayed clear.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information