Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Talking Ok, now I see what the cat comments were all about!!!

I just watched the Thursday episide last night... LaToya running from a damn cat!!! What a great cop she is!!!

Stand back all you cops - I have a cat, and I'll use it!!!

So now my plans have changed... I think I'll send the Chief a stuffed cat to dicpline LaToya with when she gets out of line

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Talking

Ok, here's the actual email I sent the Chief of Muncie... Let's see if he replies

----- Original Message -----
    To: jrwinkle@munciepolice.org
    Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 2:23 PM
    Subject: Discipline tool for you to use

Chief Winkle,

Here's something (see attached photo) to discipline LaToya with, in case she steps out of line... Hope this helps.

BTW, I can shoot from seven yards and only miss the paper 10 times (1 less than LaToya), if I try really hard to miss.

Would that qualify me to enter the Muncie Reserve program if I move up there, or do I need to work on my misses some more, before I would be accepted? Normally I only start missing the paper completely from 50 yards, so I may be a hopeless case. lol

(\__/)

HaulAss4T is offline Rookie
    I'm sure the department is making a lot of money off this - there would be no other motivation, but is it really worth the risk of serious mistakes/lawsuits, not to mention international embarassment?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    This was the cat's reaction to LaToya Jackson running away.

Last edited by Jenna; 01-13-07 at 04:36 PM.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Ok, here's the actual email I sent the Chief of Muncie... Let's see if he replies
    Hahahahah....you serious?
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I watched it for the first time tonight...Tivo'd from the other night. In this one, as unimpressed as I was with the famous cast, I was even less impressed with the officer that wee man went to cover on the DUI. They arrived, and the guy was putting the driver through roadsides. A scene or two later, he is cuffed up and they are searching him, finding a fully loaded 9mm handgun in the guy's waistband. Not in the car, not under the seat, but in the dude's waistband, after the cop had been standing close enough to him to do HGN. WILLIAM TOM FRANK?? Do they not pat people down?? FUCK!

As far as confidence with people go, I think that Wee Man and Ponch do an okay job with people, although Ponch was real quick to let the cussing fly on the one dude that got dog-bit. He's a man of my own methods. Jack seems to do okay (from the little I saw of him) in terms of officer safety and being tactical. Trish Stratus just gets all kinds of points because she is smoking fucking hot, and I'd pee in her butt if'n she'd let me! She also seems the most eager to learn ()...her partner definitely got the best deal of the bunch.

Anyone else notice that Latoya's partner looks like Dep. Clementine Johnson from Reno911, except a hair frumpier?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

mwstumm1 is offline Patrol K-9 Sgt.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    I just watched it, and I liked it.

Few things though...

1. Running code while transporting a prisoner?
    2. Three weeks only in academy?
    3. "Two years ago I was a drug addict, now I'm gonna be a cop" (or something similar) - Jack Osbourne

Is 1 and 2 really how it works in Indiana?
    Ok, I am from Indiana and I am not impressed with the show.
    Here are the answers to your questions:
    #1) Depends o your department guidelines.
    #2) For the past 2-3 years, all your reserve officers have to have is a 40 hr pre basic course which has DT's, Firearms, Traffic Law and Criminal Law. After they do that, by law all they have to do every year is complete the firearms section once every year. Yes I know not good.

I think I saw the real cop driving one-handed at high speed...

In what little bit of Shuffle Steering I was taught, it was always 2 hands on the wheel... But obviously he was not shuffle steering

I pretty much do Shuffle Steering by habit now.

(\__/)

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I watch the show as a "Guilty pleasure" type of thing. Of all of them, Jack seems to be the only one that takes it seriously. Trish is always gettin' in their faces preaching, Estrada is a faded pretty boy, Wee man is pretty much useless, and LaToya is a danger to everyone she comes in contact with.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    I think I saw the real cop driving one-handed at high speed...

In what little bit of Shuffle Steering I was taught, it was always 2 hands on the wheel... But obviously he was not shuffle steering

I pretty much do Shuffle Steering by habit now.

Shuffle steering has its use. I only doing it if the radio is quiet and I'm hot enroute to a call. If I'm in a pursuit and I'm calling it out, you NEED your other hand for the radio, your air horn, etc.

It's very good for straightaways, curves, and high speed lane changes and evasion. It is NOT the best method for high speed city driving, or working your way around the walmart lot.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Quote Originally Posted by keith758 View Post
    ...Jack seems to be the only one that takes it seriously. Trish is always gettin' in their faces preaching, Estrada is a faded pretty boy, Wee man is pretty much useless, and LaToya is a danger to everyone she comes in contact with.
    I completely agree with this assessment. Kind of sad that the drug addict is the most professional "cop" of the bunch.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Big-Mo is offline Banned
    I watched it and thought this is really going to be stupid and make us look bad AGAIN !! But, as many, I was captivated and entertained by it and watched it all AND it didn't make the regulars look stupid or dumb either !!
    I thought that Latoya was really dumb and esp scared of cats and CURED within hours of being treated..........Give me a break !!
    I thought Estrada did the best and is admirably really trying to be the part also.
    I love the part of several of the probe'es actually talking with the arrestees into going straight and realizing their wrongs and using themselves as examples..........LOL !! Do they REALLY think that these people will magically change to the straight and narrow because the stars SPOKE !!
    I guess we were all there at one point and thought we would change and save the world and get rid of all the bad people. Let's just hope they see what happens and not much will change. I love the looks on there FTO's when the stars talk with these people and basically thinking, 'Give it up and get a life !!' HAHA
    I will watch it again as it provides a relief and fun !!
    Take care and be safe out there ALL !! Cover over on calls and car stops as we don't need any more names in DC walls !!

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    All fake. Guy jumps off trailer after loading back hoe. (By the way it was hillarious when Ponch sez "What's a baakoe? Some police code or something?" and the officer had to explain "Its like a bulldozer"). But they have a perfect circle with everyone out at like 100 yards (so he can run) and he does run. Then the camera man jostles the camera as the dog bites. Then they cut to Ponch cuffing the guy up while NO ONE else gets in the mix (yea right like we don't all want a piece of a runner). Then guy gets up and strange blue pile on ground in front of him (Slim bite sleeve maybe??). They ask him where he's been bitten (and hes not totally histarical like other dog bite suspects Ive seen) and he sas calmy "I dont know". Then they have a check of his body for bites and he only has a claw scratch on his hip...... BOGUS!!!!! Dumb ass show that does no good for us in this profession! Not even decent entertainment value.

resdepbrian is offline Posse Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Mo View Post
    I love the part of several of the probe'es actually talking with the arrestees into going straight and realizing their wrongs and using themselves as examples..........LOL !! Do they REALLY think that these people will magically change to the straight and narrow because the stars SPOKE !!
    I guess we were all there at one point and thought we would change and save the world and get rid of all the bad people. Let's just hope they see what happens and not much will change. I love the looks on there FTO's when the stars talk with these people and basically thinking, 'Give it up and get a life !!'
    They have to do something to sell it to the ignorant masses. There wouldn't be much of a show if they said what they should...."SIT DOWN AND SHUTUP" only goes so far. So they have to play up "Ponch" being all compassionate with the geriatric crack dealer who's more interested in getting his autograph than the fact that she is being arrested for a class B felony....give me a freaking break, this shows a bunch of shit...mildly entertaining, and some what amusing...but shit all the same.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    OK I agree that the show is nothing more than entertainment and is amusing, but I think that if some Hollywood type, even a "has-been" can use it to relate to the dangers and difficulties of law enforcement, and convey that in a positive manner to the public, I'd view it as a positive. If someone like Jack Osborn can come out and say, "this is a hard job, thanks to the men and women that do it.", is that a bad thing? I don't think so.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Verified LEO
    So this show came and left just as fast. Was it only supposed to be a few episodes or was it a total disaster?
    ΑΦΣ

I heard that they yanked it prematurely, so the cable channel VH1 planned to air the remaining 2 or 3 episodes. I saw a few on VH1, but they were all re-runs of what I'd seen originally

(\__/)

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    I watched a couple of episodes...wasn't that impressed. However I would be Trish's partner . Other than that I thought that they were all pretty sloppy. Jack and Ponch do seem to be the only ones taking it halfway serious. The episode where LaToya was working undercover was a joke...especially when she saw the guy the next night and pulled him over for no reason other than to talk to him WTF. This has got to be about money for the department and nothing else. They might as well get Marshall Mathers to play in the next season. Or maybe Shaq at least he has been a reserve in two other city's.

Verified LEO
    I hear ya about Trish
    ΑΦΣ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information