Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Armed and Famous cancelled after 4 shows

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070130/...RrBHNlYwM3NjI-

MUNCIE, Ind. - CBS has tossed "Armed & Famous" into the cancellation cooler. The new reality television series, which followed five lesser-celebrities during their time as gun-carrying reserve officers of the Muncie Police Department, has been axed after four episodes. Producers planned seven episodes of "Armed & Famous," whose stars included former "CHiPs" star Erik Estrada, singer La Toya Jackson and Jack Osbourne. At least one unaired episode is to be shown this weekend on the cable channel VH1.
    The show was broadcast on Wednesday nights, opposite Fox's top-rated "American Idol." "Armed & Famous" was 44th in the TV ratings its first week when two episodes aired, but fell to 70th for its Jan. 17 episode, according to Nielsen Media Research.
    "It came down to ratings," CBS spokesman Chris Ender said Monday. "Going up against `American Idol' was a tall task for the show."
    VHI will air the one new episode and the four already broadcast at 5 p.m. Saturday, said Laura Nelson, a spokeswoman for the channel. She said VH1 expected to show the last two "Armed & Famous" episodes if they were completed by its producers.
    Muncie Mayor Dan Canan said the producer had predicted the show would have a tough time going up against "American Idol."
    "I don't understand that part of the business," he said. "I'm just pleased with how the city was portrayed and how the department was portrayed."
    Canan said police officers told him they believed the show gave a fairly realistic look at local police procedures.
    "It's showing the general public what they're doing in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep," Canan said.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I wish they'd air the whole thing. I liked the show. Yes, it demonstrated just how ridiculous the celebrities are, but it still gave people a realistic look at what kind of things real cops deal with every day.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I would seriously consider leaving my dept if they intentionally let drug addicts and other unacceptable people into our ranks, especially for money and a few fleeting moments on TV.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm kinda dissapointed.

It was fun to watch.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

lynnz05 is offline Corporal
    Well that sucks, I liked that show
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

1*girl Guest
    So it won't be on tomorrow?! Damn!

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    I was looking forward to armed and famous season 2... the stars from Reno 911

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BEK320 View Post
    I was looking forward to armed and famous season 2... the stars from Reno 911
    I can't wait for that movie!!!

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by vengeance05 View Post
    I would seriously consider leaving my dept if they intentionally let drug addicts and other unacceptable people into our ranks, especially for money and a few fleeting moments on TV.
    You have a great point.

Although it did provide a decent look at what police officers deal with everyday...they should have gotten some "cleaner" celebritys for the show. I still don't think I'd like it if a department I worked for sold out like that. Not only is it a risk because of the poorly trained celebritys, but also because cameras around can make people do things they wouldn't normally do just to ensure that they'll make it on television...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information