Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 24

kateykakes Guest

Any fans of the show? Yes, I KNOW the show is far-fetched, but I love it. I'm definitely a Jack Bauer fan.

Sooooo...who watches? What did you think of the season opener last night? Anyone watch tonight?

Indy Guest
    I haven't watched it yet, but I've been told I would probably like it. When does it air?

kateykakes Guest
    So I'm a geek...

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I watched both last night and tonights, it was a good show. As you stated its far fetched but its good entertainment.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Signal_W Guest
    I TIVO it every season, its good for what it is. Entertainment

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I watches just to hear the sound of brass clinking on the concrete.

Oh - and to see how many actors I can spot from Third Watch and other defunct cop shows.

Actually it's pretty decent if you ignore the sound effects, but the reality may be that the "real" CTU could be an oversized coveyhole in the corner of a old warehouse with scuffed up, peeling walls that should have been painted 10 years ago, dismal grey steelcase furniture, bare ceiling that rained on us when the air conditioner came on, and computers dating from when Bill Gates was still popping his pimples (not really - that was a description of one of the military projects I was on).
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 01-19-06 at 02:51 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Signal_W Guest
    It is far from realistic, but hell COPS is not realistic

But I enjoy watching both

Signal_W Guest
    I havent watched last night's show yet, its in TIVO and I will try to catch it tonight.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    All I know is that if you see anyone gets assigned as Jack Bauer's partner, they are dead! I don't think he's had a partner yet that has survived. Plus, where in the heck does he keep all of his bullets?
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Signal_W Guest
    LOL and everybody operates by cell phone

MountainCop Guest
    I have season 1 on DVD and have yet to get the time to sit and watch it.. <sigh...>.

But I hear Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas....

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Jack Bauer rocks, but I miss his daughter, dammit - Bring her back & slap a skimpy dress around her (or not). Who cares if that puts her in danger.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 02-01-06 at 12:32 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Jack Bauer rocks, but I miss his daughter, dammit - Bring her back & slap a skimpy dress around her (or not). Who cares if that puts her in danger.
    Damn - I GOTTA start watching this!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    My daughter, an avid "24" fan sent me a list of "Top 60 Facts" about Jack Bauer. It is absolutely hilarious. They include thing such as: If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer hates fucking lemonade.

Jack Bauer killed so many terrorists that at one point the CIAs most wanted fugitive was an 18-year-old Malaysian teenager that downloaded the movie Dodgeball.

When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.

It would only take 1 bullet for Jack Bauer to kill 50 Cent.

If Jack Bauer and McGyver were locked in a room together, Jack Bauer would make a bomb out of McGuyver to get out.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

kateykakes Guest
    For all of you fans, have a look see at Blogs4Bauer. And while you're at it, check out someone who is very dear to me: Detective Wyatt Earp. His site, Support Your Local Gunfighter is fantastic, and he has one hell of a sense of humor. Gotta love those Philly boys.

Just tell him Katey sent you.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I'v never seen "24," but since you guys can't shut up about it, I might actually check it out...

kateykakes Guest
    Arnold,

It comes on tomorrow night at 9 P.M., EST.

Quote Originally Posted by kateykakes
    Arnold,

It comes on tomorrow night at 9 P.M., EST.
    You can call me by my government name, "Brad."

kateykakes Guest
    LOL, I KNOW your name, but everytime I see your avatar, I can't help but think of Arnold. If it bothers you, I promise I won't call you that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kateykakes
    LOL, I KNOW your name, but everytime I see your avatar, I can't help but think of Arnold. If it bothers you, I promise I won't call you that anymore.
    It doesn't bother me at all...because everytime you call me Arnhold I think I'm rich, famous, and have bulging biceps!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information