Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: UFC Fight night

213th is offline Solipsist

UFC Fight night

On spike now, fight of the night Rashad Evans (15-0) vs Sean Salmon (9-2)
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    How about next Sat (05-26-07) UFC 71? Liddell is gonna put some smack down on Rampage Jackson. Jackson will be seen licking his wounds instead of that stupid howl he does at the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Man View Post
    How about next Sat (05-26-07) UFC 71? Liddell is gonna put some smack down on Rampage Jackson. Jackson will be seen licking his wounds instead of that stupid howl he does at the fights.
    I will be working, otherwise I'd pay for it and host it at my house...About Jackson and his howling shit, I've considered starting a petition to send to UFC to put an end to it. I've always considered UFC to be more professional then that, at least, they always seem to come off as that. But him doing that just ruins it...

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Respectfully I would disagree....Lidells act at the end of a fight isnt exactly respectful either, the arms out chest bared yell to the top, Tito Ortiz made a carreer out of the grave digger act at the end of his bouts, heck eve george st pierre tried a back flip after choking out frank trigg. There is always gonna be showmanship, and rampages act is no more disrespectfull to me that lidells. my opinion only of course. I personally would LOVE to see the last of the mohicans get his a** stomped, I am about tired of trailer trash chuck, but I sadly must admit rampage may get his block knocked off.
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    Respectfully I would disagree....Lidells act at the end of a fight isnt exactly respectful either, the arms out chest bared yell to the top, Tito Ortiz made a carreer out of the grave digger act at the end of his bouts, heck eve george st pierre tried a back flip after choking out frank trigg. There is always gonna be showmanship, and rampages act is no more disrespectfull to me that lidells. my opinion only of course. I personally would LOVE to see the last of the mohicans get his a** stomped, I am about tired of trailer trash chuck, but I sadly must admit rampage may get his block knocked off.
    I stand corrected...you are correct about Lidell and his act...methinks I've just been schooled.

naw, not schooled. I am just an MMA junkie...sadly have been betting against lidell in almost all of his last fights...dude just irritates me. I did however pick couture over Sylvia...hated that lambchop pork belly....but will readily admit never in a million years thinking that Cro Cop could get his head knocked off his shoulders by the brazilian fella
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

naw, not schooled. I am just an MMA junkie...sadly have been betting against lidell in almost all of his last fights...dude just irritates me. I did however pick couture over Sylvia...hated that lambchop pork belly....but will readily admit never in a million years thinking that Cro Cop could get his head knocked off his shoulders by the brazilian fella
    That was awesome tho! I don't watch much MMA...UFC when I catch it on. I am a fan though, and would watch it over anything else that is on. But I don't set the TV to automatically tune to each and every show, if ya know what I mean. I just know a few of the bigger names anyway.

I don't care for the Ultimate Fighter reality show very much. I watched it a few times. The fights aren't usually really good, and the pseudo-drama gets old.

agreed, I thought their best season, both in real drama and fighters was the season with tito ortiz and ken shamrock. Tito proved he is a true coach, changing the team name from his to Punishment, and really working with the fighters. Shamrock proved he was an asshat. But ever since then, its been all downhill. I have promised myself, at some point, and I will be 35 this year, but at SOME time before I get too freakin old, I will have at least 1 MMA fight. Probably get my ass handed to me, but it would be cool.

agreed, I thought their best season, both in real drama and fighters was the season with tito ortiz and ken shamrock. Tito proved he is a true coach, changing the team name from his to Punishment, and really working with the fighters. Shamrock proved he was an asshat. But ever since then, its been all downhill. I have promised myself, at some point, and I will be 35 this year, but at SOME time before I get too freakin old, I will have at least 1 MMA fight. Probably get my ass handed to me, but it would be cool.
    I did see a few episodes from that season, and I agree with your assesment of Ortiz/Shamrock.

I've started an extensive workout plan, and was thinking about fighting in Fairbanks for the regional competition...forget what they call it up here. But, I have no organized fighting skills, so, I'd probably end up getting thoroughly trashed.

Thread Information