Welcome to the APBWeb.
    E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO

Homicide-Life on the Streets

WOW WHOOOT WHOOOT, Thank you WG out of Chicago.
    they are airing my favorite t.v. show of all time, next to ALl in the Family.
    It airs on W.G. at 11am. and thanks to my DVR i can record it and not worry about nuttin...

Ok converse about the show if you like...
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Did you read the book the show is based on? If not, you should (it's a real page turner). I did. Several times. In fact, my copy is signed by all the detectives including it's author David Simon. If I may ask, who is your favorite character and why?

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    Did you read the book the show is based on? If not, you should (it's a real page turner). I did. Several times. In fact, my copy is signed by all the detectives including it's author David Simon. If I may ask, who is your favorite character and why?
    Hey, I did read the book as well as Simons other The Corner. VERY REAL awesome books. I love Pembleton, I think Andre Braugher is one of the greatest actors out there that is unfortunately underrated.
    I also liked Bayliss and Lewis...
    I have been to the set a few times, wife has cousins in northeast Balto.
    LOVE THAT SHOW
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Not having been much of a t.v. watcher, Homicide changed that!! I'd be glued to the set for it, and when my shift changed, I'd set the VCR to record it. (Yes, you little pups out there - there was life before the DVR, albeit a more tedious one!)

I'd have to agree with E-man about Andre Braugher - absolutely incredible actor!! I can't recall any episode I didn't enjoy.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Lizzy is offline Rookie
    E, did you see the picture I had posted where they filmed it...the 'police Station?' We stopped there when we were in Baltimore.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    E, did you see the picture I had posted where they filmed it...the 'police Station?' We stopped there when we were in Baltimore.
    I dont think I caught the pic. Maybe u can post the link or pic again?

Braugher was in that taxi cab super hero show HACK, along with the lead guy who played Bayliss' cousin who killed the KISS makeup wearing Turkish kid on Halloween in Homicide.
    Braugher was in that 5 episode set on FX called THIEF, good but not great. ANd of course he starred in a short lived doctor show called Gideons Crossing. Braugher is a Julliard graduate in classical acting or something. The way he speaks, and pauses is all a part of
    his training... {not the same effect online I guess }

RIP Eric

Lizzy is offline Rookie
    Here you go E.......hope you can see it. I have some other cool pictures by the front door, etc. but I don't have them on-line.

drunkhunter is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    The Sleuth Channel (198 on Dish) shows it several times a day.

Great show.

Verified LEO
    Here you go E.......hope you can see it. I have some other cool pictures by the front door, etc. but I don't have them on-line.
    Cool Lizzy.
    I was there about a yr before they cancelled the show and Belzer showed up for a scene. He came flyin in the area in his Lexus at a high rate of speed and got out like he is KING Belzer.
    I was standing there by Giancarlo Esposito and spoke with John Seda who played Falsone.

RIP Eric

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    WOW WHOOOT WHOOOT, Thank you WG out of Chicago.
    they are airing my favorite t.v. show of all time, next to ALl in the Family.
    It airs on W.G. at 11am. and thanks to my DVR i can record it and not worry about nuttin...

Ok converse about the show if you like...

I felt the same way when I saw it. If I'm not on days I send the kids to my room to watch Spongebob and I'm faithfully tuned in!!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Lizzy is offline Rookie
    Very cool E. That is a scary area to speed. The streets are so narrow and if I remember correctly they were cobblestone.

I am envious of you seeing the 'real guys." It was deserted when I was there.....very abandoned.

Verified LEO
    Very cool E. That is a scary area to speed. The streets are so narrow and if I remember correctly they were cobblestone.

I am envious of you seeing the 'real guys." It was deserted when I was there.....very abandoned.
    There was an episode in where they were filming in an alleyway and while filming the REAL Cops ran on set chasing a bad guy. Bad guy saw the large amount of uniforms stopped immediately and gave up

RIP Eric

Lizzy is offline Rookie
    Very cool!

Yogurt109 is offline Jester
    I watch this show every day. It was my favorite back in the day and it still holds up. I was unware of book so I'm off to try and track that down

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogurt109 View Post
    I watch this show every day. It was my favorite back in the day and it still holds up. I was unware of book so I'm off to try and track that down
    The show is based on Homicide- A Year on the Killing Streets
    http://www.amazon.com/Homicide-Killi...228657-2589630

RIP Eric

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I love that show.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogurt109 View Post
    E-man's link is for the paperback... the following link is for the original hardback (the one I have and signed by all the detectives including the author David Simon). Not only is it a great read, but it's a must read... a real page turner. I couldn't put it down and I've read it many times over.

http://www.amazon.com/Homicide-Killi...566352-8859932

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    That is a good show. I used to live in Baltimore, and I worked in one of the hotels in the inner harbor where most of the guest stars from that showed stayed. You should also check out the show called "The Wire". It is also based in Baltimore and I like that one too.

Thread Information