Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Race fans...

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Race fans...

So what do you fellow race fans think about Junior going to Hendrick?

Are you with him in his decision to better his career? Or are you pissed because he went to the "Dark Side"?

I myself am pumped. I think Junior deserves to be able to better himself as a driver and contend for a championship. I question some of the people who call themselves fans, but are pissed because he's going to be Gordon and Johnson's teammate. How can someone truly be a die hard fan if they are against him getting into better equipment?

Disclaimer: I was no where NEAR a Hendrick fan in the past, but did like to see Casey Mears go there this year because he will shine there eventually. Add Junior to the mix and they will really be unstoppable.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I'm not a fan of multi-car teams anyway, so if Teresa is being a bitch, I see no problem with Junior finding a better place. I think he'd be better off still if he just started his own team. He's got to have enough money to do it.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

AITG is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    The best part of this deal is that Kyle Busch is out of work. It's hard to decide which of the Busch boys is the biggest egotistical jerk.

Junior will have first class equipment and people. If he doesn't win, the pressure on him will be enormous.
    If I wanted people to like me I'd be a fireman.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    I'm not a fan of multi-car teams anyway, so if Teresa is being a bitch, I see no problem with Junior finding a better place. I think he'd be better off still if he just started his own team. He's got to have enough money to do it.
    I would be afraid he would look like Michael Waltrip if he did that though. Sure he has the money, but starting from the ground up would be tough.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

jrae Guest
    Jimmie Johnson is the man

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    It'll be interesting to see how this goes. Stepping into the 5 team he'll have equipment on par with the 24 and 48. That's top of the line stuff, but its also the first time he won't be getting the pick of the crop. Will that challenge him or will it discourage him when he can no longer easily outrun his teammates?

I never have understood the ill will against Theresa. It was Dale's decision to leave the team to her, but nobody is blaming Sr for this, instead it all falls on the evil stepmother. She's supposed to turn over controlling interest in the team to Jr why exactly? Because Sr built the team for his kids? The other kids aren't moaning about their birthright anywhere like the 2nd son is. If Sr had wanted Jr to have the team he could have left it to him. He didn't.

Annoying as the Busch boys are, they can drive the wheels off a racecar. Often the fenders and sometimes the roof too. As a business decision this was a great move by Hendrick. The souvenir sales will skyrocket, sponsors will be breaking down the door. As a racing decision I wonder. Strip off the names and you're replacing a rising talent winning driver in his 20s with a winning driver in his 30s.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I would be afraid he would look like Michael Waltrip if he did that though. Sure he has the money, but starting from the ground up would be tough.
    Yeah but you gotta remember Michael Waltrip is driving a toyota this year...not the best career move.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Yeah but you gotta remember Michael Waltrip is driving a toyota this year...not the best career move.
    Very true. But I think it's the combination of new brand, new faces, new engineers, new crews, new new new all meshing together.

While you wouldn't have the new brand problem with Junior you would have everything else. And afterall, he left DEI because he wanted to drive for a championship contender. Even his Busch team is in the beginning phases.

I think it was an extremely wise decision by him. Sure, maybe he'll drive for his own team someday, but remember, not even Sr was doing that. He drove RCR's cars and owned DEI. Junior's a racer and wants to race at this point in his life, not be the boss.

As for what someone else said, I think having essentially the same equipment as Jimmie and Jeff will make him step up his game.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Good move by Jr.

Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Dale Jr,,,, ahhh , what a combination
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Good move by Jr.

Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Dale Jr,,,, ahhh , what a combination
    I never thought I'd see the day where I'd read the above statement.

And I DEFINETLY never thought I'd see the day that I'd agree with the above statement...

Toasting Dale Earnhardt with milk.....what a douche bag.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

AITG is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Poor Mikey has two problems. First, the business demands way too much for a driver to be successful when he is also the owner. The top drivers drive ... period.
    The second problem is that he isn't a top caliber driver. When he was in an established team, he could make the most of his seemingly limited ability. Now that he has to be on top every week, he can't even make the show. He's made the field in exactly two races. That's not gonna fly very long. I expect he'll find a different driver ... and it probably won't be his choice.
    BTW: unfortunate choice of car numbers for Mikey ... his new theme song is "I can't drive (the) 55". He even had Sammy Hagar in a commercial.
    If I wanted people to like me I'd be a fireman.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I never thought I'd see the day where I'd read the above statement.

And I DEFINETLY never thought I'd see the day that I'd agree with the above statement...

Toasting Dale Earnhardt with milk.....what a douche bag.
    I totally agree with you. I've never been much of a Gordon and Johnson fan. BUT I did gain a little bit of like for Jimmy when I was at the Martinsville race. Right after he beat Jeff he came on the radio and said, "I've been waiting to beat him heads-up here for five years, I might have pissed him off, but that's just too bad." That and the fact I drew his name out of the hat and won the $200 pot we all chipped in made me like him a little more.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Thread Information