Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Thumbs up Movie: The Brave One (Staring Jody Foster - Release Sept 14 2007)

This has the makings of a great movie about a crime victim who decides to bypass the Criminal Justice System which she feels is failing her. Saw the trailer today and it blew me away.

Best line of the trailer: "I want my dog back"

http://www.fandango.com/thebraveone_v+++346872/summary

Trailer: http://www.fandango.com/videos_1_22438/v+++346872

Neil Jordan's The Brave One stars Jodie Foster as a happy woman whose life changes irrevocably after a brutal assault leaves her partner (Naveen Andrews) dead. The woman, feeling that the police investigation will be unable to catch the perpetrators, begins to live in constant fear. This outlook results in the woman eventually dispatching vigilante justice. Terrence Howard co-stars as the officer in charge of the investigation. ~ Perry Seibert, All Movie Guide

New York radio host Erica Bain (Jodie Foster) has a life that she loves and a fiancé she adores. All of it is taken from her when a brutal attack leaves Erica badly wounded and her fiancé dead. Unable to move past the tragedy, Erica begins prowling the city streets at night to track down the men she holds responsible. Her dark pursuit of justice catches the public’s attention, and the city is riveted by her anonymous exploits. But with the NYPD desperate to find the culprit and a dogged police detective (Terrence Howard) hot on her trail, she must decide whether her quest for revenge is truly the right path, or if she is becoming the very thing she is trying to stop.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

two weeks to go!!!

Another vigilante movie destined for greatness: "Death Sentence" with Kevin Bacon - on THIS week, which means our plans are set. Got me a stick of butter to enlighten the teen at the counter on what REAL BUTTER tastes like on popcorn, tactical light, 4 fully loaded mags in case Kevin needs my help (last time he tried to blow the movie screen up like 100 times, and didn't even put a pin prick in it), and away we go

(\__/)

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Yeap, I saw the trailer the other day, and loved it when she pointed the gun at that guy and said she wanted her dog back, LOL!!
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Yeah, I loved that line too...

Hopefully it's good enough to turn into a vigilante series on the order of Charles Bronson's "Death Wish" series.

Vigilantes have gotten a worse rap than cops in the past few years - Time for the pendulum to swing the other way. There have certainly been abuses, but lately even neighborhood watch groups and people defending themselves are being called vigilantes. Ok, if that's the term people want to use, so be it.

(\__/)

I just saw this movie today - Even better than I thought it would be. Very moving. It's definitely gonna be up for awards if the Holeywood anti-gun elite will allow it.

The only objection I had to this movie is that it doesn't explain to the ignorant that most of the shootings portrayed would be legally justified in real life. The word Vigilante is overstating it.

"I want my dog back!!!" is sure to become as popular as "Make my day"... After all it means the same thing, that it is okay for people to take their streets back. Although a no-nonsense cop came up with the second phrase and not a vigilante, not since Charles Bronson's Death Wish series has vigilantism been given such a fair rap.

But is it really vigilantism? I saw no vigilantism in the first 9/10ths of the movie. From what I saw, the first killings would have been legally justified in most states, possibly even New York. Too bad the movie missed the opportunity to point that out.

All in all, though, you GOTTA see this movie, especially the last 15 minutes. What would you have done??? You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

(\__/)

Thread Information