Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Term's UBER important Week 14 NFL Picks

Chicago (5-7) at Washington (5-7)

Washington has the series edge and it's a home game for them. This game could very well be considered a playoff eliminator for each team. The Bears and Redskins are still in the NFC postseason race, just a game out of the final wild-card spot. The winner will move to 6-7 and preserve a legitimate shot at a playoff berth, while the loser would likely be out.

St. Louis (3-9) at Cincinnati (4-8)

The Rams have won the last three meetings, but the series is knotted up. Though neither team is yet mathmetically eliminated from the playoff race, both teams playoffs chances are slimmer than Rosie O'Donnell becoming a registered republican. Cinci is at home, so I'll take them.

Dallas (11-1) at Detroit (6-6)

This is a crucial game, with playoff implications, with both teams. The Cowboys can clinch the NFC East with a win. The Lions need a win to stay in the thick of the wild NFC playoff picture. The Lions pass defense is 31st in the league. This one should be a blow out.

Oakland (4-8) at Green Bay (10-2)

Blow out.

Miami (0-12) at Buffalo (6-6)

The Dolphins are still looking for their first win of the season and are desperately trying to avoid becoming just the third team to start 0-13. With a win last week, the Bills are still in the playoff hunt, trailing the Titans (7-5), Browns (7-5) and Jaguars (8-4) for a wildcard spot. I'll take Buffalo.

Tampa Bay (8-4) at Houston (5-7)

Tampa Bay South can clinch the NFC South with a win. Houston must win this game, and the rest of there games, and get help from other teams, to have a shot at the playoffs. Tampa Bay will shut down the Texans.

San Diego (7-5) at Tennessee (7-5)

This game has big playoff implications. The Chargers have won the last four meetings. The Chargers can clinch the AFC West with a win and a loss by Denver. The Titans desperately need to win to keep pace with the Browns and Jaguars, teams they trail in the AFC wildcard race. Vince Young is 5-1 in December. I'll take Tennessee.

Carolina (5-7) at Jacksonville (8-4)

The Panthers have a tough road to get into the postseason, but a win over the Jaguars would make their longshot journey a bit more realistic. Jacksonville, on the other hand, appears in line to make the playoffs as a wild card, but it also seemed likely to do so last year until dropping its final three contests, so it cannot afford to start another freefall Sunday. The Panthers have disappointed me all season, so one more disappointment means nothing. I'll take the Jags.

New York Giants (8-4) at Philadelphia (5-7)

In week four the Giants tied an NFL record with twelve sacks on McNabb, on their way to a 16-3 route of the Eagles. The season is on the line for the Eagles. If they win, their chances of making the playoffs as a wildcard live for another week; a loss, and they can start looking to the draft. A victory for New York and a series of other results could help them clinch a playoff berth. The Giants always crumble at the end of the season, so give me the Eagles.

Arizona (6-6) at Seattle (8-4)

A last second field goal led the Cardinals to victory over the Seahawks in week two. Seattle can clinch the NFC West with a win. The Seahawks had a chance to clinch the division last year at Arizona in Week 14, but lost 27-21. The Cardinals would have the No. 6 playoff seed if the season ended today. So the Cardinals need a win to not only stay in the division race but to stay ahead of the Lions, Vikings, and other teams chasing them. For some crazy reason, I'll take Arizona in the upset.

Minnesota (6-6) at San Francisco (3-9)

The Vikings are alive in the playoff hunt, chasing Arizona and the New York Giants for a possible wildcard spot. Seattle will win the NFC West with a victory, which would eliminate the 49ers from the division race. I'll take Minnesota.

Pittsburgh (9-3) at New England (12-0)

The game of the week and possibly the biggest game of the season right now. The Patriots have won three of the past four games, but the Steelers lead the overall series 12-6. The Patriots can clinch a first-round bye with a win and can claim homefield advantage in the AFC with a win and a Colts' loss. The Patriots rank first in average points scored (39.1), total yards (425.3), and passing yards (304.0), while the Steelers rank first in points allowed (12.9), total yards allowed (230.8), and passing yards allowed (154.0). Fans have been speculating if any team can beat New England in the regular season this year, it'll be the Steelers. Recently, a Steelers player publicly guaranteed a victory against the Patriots. Dumb move. New England wins after Belichick fires his team up.

Cleveland (7-5) at New York Jets (3-9)

Despite losing last week, the Browns are still in the AFC playoff race, even though a division title looks like a long shot. The Jets are officially eliminated from the playoffs and have nothing to lose. Their's a lot to be said for a team with nothing to lose, but I don't think it'll matter this week. The Browns will keep there playoff hopes alive with a win.

Kansas City (4-8) at Denver (5-7)

The AFC West race could end with a Chargers win and a loss by the Broncos. Denver might need to win out just to have a chance at a wildcard spot at season's end. The last time these two teams met was in week ten, where the Broncos crushed the Chiefs, 27-11. They should do the same here this weekend.

Indianapolis (10-2) at Baltimore (4-8)

Not going to spend a lot of time here. The whiny bitch Ravens are still sucking on sour grapes from there loss to the Patriots and will get their butts kicked.

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    We will, Term. Yes, we will win

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Thread Information