Welcome to the APBWeb.
    kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO

Fastest UFC knockout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-b0_Wy_ass

the fight starts at about 2:00 into the video

BROOMFIELD, Colo. Nobody expected the light heavyweight bout between James Irvin and Houston Alexander at Ultimate Fight Night 13 on Wednesday to last long.
    Both men love to brawl and have knockout power in both hands.
    But what happened at the Broomfield Events Center was almost hard to believe. Irvin knocked Alexander down with a right hand and then landed two punches while Alexander was on his back.
    Referee Steve Mazzagatti jumped in just eight seconds in and stopped it to a chorus of boos. It tied the mark for the fastest end to a UFC fight. Don Frye knocked out Thomas Ramirez at UFC 8 on Feb. 16, 1996.
    Alexander wasn't pleased, but Irvin said he simply isn't aware of what had happened.
    "He wasn't even looking at me," Irvin said. "I clipped him and he went down and I looked at his eyes and he was looking off to the right. He was bleeding out of both of his nostrils. He wasn't even looking at me. The third punch when he was down was the best punch of all of them."
    Irvin raced across at the bell and threw a "Superman punch," jumping in the air while throwing the right.
    It connected on the chin, knocking Alexander down. Irvin quickly went for the finish. His first punch missed, landing on the top of Alexander's back. He grazed Alexander with a right to the chin, then landed a hard right to the face.
    That prompted Mazzagatti, who has made a number of controversial stoppages in other fights, to halt it.
    Alexander complained instantly and seemed to be fine seconds after he got to his feet. In the locker room after the bout, he said he'd been hit harder many times.
    "Just give me a chance," Alexander said. "I've been hit hard a lot of times in my life. I was OK. No excuses. I'm a professional. I got caught with a shot, but that's what this is about. But I definitely felt I could go on."
    This marked the third consecutive bizarre finish to an Irvin fight. The Northern California-based light heavyweight won by disqualification over Luis Cane after getting kneed in the head while on the ground at UFC 79 in December, which was the first DQ in a UFc match since 2003; and a freak leg injury brought a halt to his UFC 71 loss to Thiago Silva last May.
    "That's the story of my life," said Irvin. "I just told people I hoped it would be a good fight. Even in my interviews, I told people I didn't want a quick knockout. ... I've knocked people out in three or four of my fights, but it's all been by one shot. But at least I got this win and I can go back and train harder and hopefully get something against some of the big names."
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

moggsp98 is offline Press HARD, 5 copies
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I watched the show last night. i thoght that this fight was stopped way to soon. I think he was ok to fight.
    Any day above ground is a fine day indeed!

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIGEON, SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by moggsp98 View Post
    I watched the show last night. i thoght that this fight was stopped way to soon. I think he was ok to fight.
    I don't know Alexander is one tough SOB but they do have to error in favor of fighter safety
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If that fight had not been stopped Irvin would have gotten a full mount and beat on his face like a drum. It was a good stop.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Ref stopped the fight way to soon, he was back on his feet within seconds. If he was hurt, he would have laid there.
    my $0.02
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

NCC1701 is offline Meat Popsicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    If that fight had not been stopped Irvin would have gotten a full mount and beat on his face like a drum. It was a good stop.
    Agreed. He was flat OUT for a few seconds, you could see his arms locked and pointed straight out, a good sign of him being out. The guy did recover pretty well but only because the other fighter threw 3 punches that glanced off of his face instead of hitting him flush.

When he would have mounted him he would have smashed his chicklets down his throat.

Good stop. Bad luck.
    I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders-
    Ted Nugent

Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face!

Former member of Cortinian Liberation Front and the JSA MACHATOC.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    Ref stopped the fight way to soon, he was back on his feet within seconds. If he was hurt, he would have laid there.
    my $0.02
    LOL, I can see you in the colosseum now waving the thumbs down sign.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC1701 View Post
    Agreed. He was flat OUT for a few seconds, you could see his arms locked and pointed straight out, a good sign of him being out. The guy did recover pretty well but only because the other fighter threw 3 punches that glanced off of his face instead of hitting him flush.

When he would have mounted him he would have smashed his chicklets down his throat.

Good stop. Bad luck.
    Agreed.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    The decision to stop the fight was very controversial, and has received more attention than the lackluster eight second fight itself.

UFC Referee Steve Mazzagatti has a few controversial fight stops. His refereeing is inconsistent to say the least.

Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO
    I happen to live 8 mintues from the Event Center. I also happened to have some VIP passes for that little get together. I also happened to be about 27 feet from the fight in question. He was done and out for a second or two. It was a good stop.

He snapped out of it quick but I was there and he was in la-la land. JMHO.

The91Bravo is offline Deputy Sheriff
    That fight... eight seconds huh... I could have taken him...

now back to my regularly scheduled dreaming...

Thread Information