Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO

FX shows bouncing back

Recently I've seen some promo ads for the final season of The Shield starting this fall and mini-sodes(whatever those are) of Rescue Me starting in June.

I'm ready for them, let's go!

There's also been an ad for a series based on what looks like an OMG called "Sons of Anarchy" that starts in September. The ad is short but it's peaked my interest. I've had a facination with OMGs since I finished "Under and Alone."

Anyone else see these promos lately? Thoughts?

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    about damn time for the Shield.
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

JAYBIRD33081 is offline CAT: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    i love the shield too bad where i just moved too i cant get the FX channel i will just have to wait for the season to come out on dvd after the shows done with

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    With the recent purchase of Season 1, I have completed my collection of all The Shield seasons on DVD. I NEED season 6 when it is released...I never got to see the finale! Through research on the internet, I know what all happened, but I still need to see it.

I can't wait to see what's in store for the final season. Youtube's got the ads up, and it looks badass.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    yea i have all the seasons too cept 6. This final season should be really good.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    guilty as charged for lovin The Shield. Rescue Me not so much and I have completely stopped watching Nip/Tuck.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    nip/tuck was pretty cool when if first came out but then the story lines when crazy and the show got pretty lame. never really got into rescue me i only seen a few episodes. i liked it and everything i just never had time to have 2 fx shows lol lol

Verified LEO
    Roger that. Nip/tuck lost me the season after "The Carver" turned out to be the brother of the detective and they were orphans together. Rescue Me just doesn't hold my attention.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Kate is offline Corporal
    I LOVE Rescue Me. I've been watching it since the beginning. I wasn't too thrilled with last season, and I despise any episode that Susan Sarandon is in (Mumia supporter), but I really get into the show, especially watching Daniel Sunjata. The man is smokin'!

The only other F/X show that I watched (I don't any longer) is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I liked the first season, but then I gave up on it.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey View Post
    I LOVE Rescue Me. I've been watching it since the beginning. I wasn't too thrilled with last season, and I despise any episode that Susan Sarandon is in (Mumia supporter), but I really get into the show, especially watching Daniel Sunjata. The man is smokin'!

The only other F/X show that I watched (I don't any longer) is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I liked the first season, but then I gave up on it.
    Ah yes, well at least you have reasons for watching it.

Kate is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    Ah yes, well at least you have reasons for watching it.
    My oldest brother is a FF (in NJ) so I kind of get a sense of what he does, but I kind of know anyway. He's been doing it since he was 17. But like I said, seeing Daniel Sunjata really makes it worth watching.

Verified LEO
    My oldest brother is a FF (in NJ) so I kind of get a sense of what he does, but I kind of know anyway. He's been doing it since he was 17. But like I said, seeing Daniel Sunjata really makes it worth watching.
    We all have our guilty pleasures, right?

Kate is offline Corporal
    We all have our guilty pleasures, right?
    Absolutely, but just in case my bf reads this (and he probaby will) just know YOU are my real guilty pleasure.

It's like my gran'ma always said, "It doesn't matter where you get your appetite, just as long as you eat at home."

Besides, Sunjata is just a TV hottie. I know my bf digs Elisha Cuthbert (and what man wouldn't) and others, but I wouldn't trade my bf for Sunjata, Depp, Bloom, Norman Reedus, or any of those other hottie Hollywood freaks for all the money in the world.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    ha ha ah always sunny in philly i forgot about that show. man that show was funny.

Verified LEO
    Absolutely, but just in case my bf reads this (and he probaby will) just know YOU are my real guilty pleasure.
    Yes! Now I'm blushing!

Kate is offline Corporal
    Yes! Now I'm blushing!
    LOL! I meant my boyfriend, smart ass!

Verified LEO
    LOL! I meant my boyfriend, smart ass!
    Yes I know, but somedays it's so easy I just can't help myself.

Riggs is offline P2Dawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Recently I've seen some promo ads for the final season of The Shield starting this fall and mini-sodes(whatever those are) of Rescue Me starting in June.

I'm ready for them, let's go!

There's also been an ad for a series based on what looks like an OMG called "Sons of Anarchy" that starts in September. The ad is short but it's peaked my interest. I've had a facination with OMGs since I finished "Under and Alone."

Anyone else see these promos lately? Thoughts?
    While working "The Rock" a.k.a Tujunga the other night they were filming "Sons of Anarchy". I think I pissed off this one girl when I kept driving through. Didn't see anyone famous or worthwhile. One time she disgustedly yelled "cut" and gave me dirty looks! I guess she didn't really want me around. I should have dropped her off at the Sundown Club up the street (a former Mongols hangout now) to meet some REAL bikers for the show. Then we could see if she wanted the cops around!

They've been doing alot of filming around here lately. Not sure what else is being filmed besides a Jack in the Box commercial.
    I don't make things difficult. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I watched Rescue Me at first because I think Dennis Leary is a funny comedian, but the show just ended up getting strange. And Dennis Leary is not the best of actors, he should stick with what he knows, comedy.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    One time she disgustedly yelled "cut" and gave me dirty looks!
    You should drive around yelling "cut" over the PA.

Thread Information