Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice - Oct. 4th

The well-known street fighter Kimbo Slice will be taking on MMA legend Ken Shamrock this Saturday, October 4th. It's definitely an interesting match-up and will hopefully make for an entertaining fight. All you MMA fans out there, who do you think will have their hand raised at the end? I personally hope Shamrock whoops on him...

YouTube - Kimbo Slice VS Ken Shamrock October 4

If you're not sure who Kimbo Slice is, search for some fight videos of his on youtube as they're pretty intense...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I hope Shamrock wins, but he has looked terrible in his last couple of fights.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

kannahspapa is offline An old cop the kids call Grandpa.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I hope Shamrock wins, but he has looked terrible in his last couple of fights.
    I agree, he's looked real bad, but I wasn't impressed with Slice. The last opponent should have had that ear drained prior to the fight. If the ear had been drained Slice would have lost. I, along with several other officers, watched the fight and think the ear was not drained intentionally so Slice would have an out "if" he was loosing. If Shamrock loses it may all be staged to boost Slice so elite xc can maintain or achieve big league status.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Slice is a wanna be who couldn't hack it in the UFC. Shamrock is a loudmouth who's WAY past his prime and should have retired years ago!

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Way over rated VS. Way past prime.....

YAWN

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    I agree that shamrock should have giving it up along time ago.
    Slice is supposed to be a badass dude, but he really hasnt impressed me either.

Anywho, glad i seen this, i almost forgot about the fight this weekend.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I agree that Slice is overrated and a punk, while Shamrock is old and past his prime. However, I still hope it's a good fight and Shamrock shows that MMA technique owns street style. Now I just need to remember to set it up on my DVR tomorrow...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    Which channel is it coming on?

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImBored View Post
    Which channel is it coming on?
    Live on CBS.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

-Winston Churchill

AZInterceptor is offline "Oh, Oh, Oh!"
    Verified LEO
    Going for Shamrock.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by AZInterceptor View Post
    Going for Shamrock.
    Likewise.

I just set it up to record on my DVR today lol
    Calm Like A Bomb...

-Winston Churchill

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    So WTF??? Shamrock pussed out because he got a cut over his eye? Christ.

This Seth Whoever they got to fight TKO'd Kimbo in the first 30 secs of the first round. He needs to retire now because it's all downhill. Oy.

Highlight of the fights? Gina Carano (aka Crush from American Gladiators) winning by decision over that chick with the Adams apple. Gina Carano....*drool*.....

I would wreck it in a heartbeat. Scratch that...she would kick my ass and then make me do whatever she wanted.

"If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

It was absolutely crucial for the existence of EliteXC that they delivered tonight. Especially since they were going head to head with UFC. Instead of knocking it out of the park, they pretty much dropped the ball. Shamrock pussing out was an absolute disaster. He hurt himself in warm ups before the fight. I am guessing one of his sparring partners kicked his ass???

The main event proved what I knew about Kimbo Slice all along. He sucks. He's a street fighter, not an expert MMA fighter. The minute he got into the ring with an actual MMA fighter (eg: tonight) he got his ass handed to him in embarassingly quick fashion.

Shamrock, 43, was doing a light training session in his hotel this morning and accidentally was head-butted by Dan Freeman, a longtime training partner. It reopened a prior cut in his forehead, and required six sutures in his eyebrow. After that, he was not medically cleared to fight.

Here is a video of the 17 second fight:

YouTube - Kimbo Slice Knocked Out (HD VIDEO)

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    It was absolutely crucial for the existence of EliteXC that they delivered tonight. Especially since they were going head to head with UFC. Instead of knocking it out of the park, they pretty much dropped the ball. Shamrock pussing out was an absolute disaster. He hurt himself in warm ups before the fight. I am guessing one of his sparring partners kicked his ass???

The main event proved what I knew about Kimbo Slice all along. He sucks. He's a street fighter, not an expert MMA fighter. The minute he got into the ring with an actual MMA fighter (eg: tonight) he got his ass handed to him in embarassingly quick fashion.
    I disagree. The hype fight of Kimbo Slice-Ken Shamrock would have been a bust no matter what; had Shamrock not somehow got cut, it wouldn't have a been a good fight anyway. Kimbo getting nailed to the mat in less than 30 seconds... who cares.

But several of the earlier fights were great! Carana v. Kelly Kobald was a great fight; Carano was on the ropes in the 2nd, but controlled the first and third rounds. Rua v. Radach was a fantastic, exciting fight; I can't say enough about how great a fight that one was. Same thing with the fight between Shields and Daley. Nicely matched opponents, good clash of styles. Arloski - Nelson wasn't bad, though not great.

All told -- I'd say this card was tons better than the first show on CBS. And I don't think any of the calls were particularly questionable. Kimbo was out; maybe he could have been given a chance to recover, but I don't think he would've or would've been able to continue for long.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Verified LEO
    Shamrock, 43, was doing a light training session in his hotel this morning and accidentally was head-butted by Dan Freeman, a longtime training partner. It reopened a prior cut in his forehead, and required six sutures in his eyebrow. After that, he was not medically cleared to fight.
    Yeah...

And just who does something like that hours before a fight? Kind of convenient, if you ask me...

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I agree. Kimbo doesn't deserve to even step in the same ring as these pro MMA guys. Yeah, he has some impressive "street" fights on youtube and all, but once he goes up against a real, trained, fighter he doesn't stand a chance as this last fight proved.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

-Winston Churchill

10-05-08, 01:49 AM
    It was absolutely crucial for the existence of EliteXC that they delivered tonight. Especially since they were going head to head with UFC. Instead of knocking it out of the park, they pretty much dropped the ball.
    UPDATE: Today Elite XC officially announced they are shutting down. Going out of business. Who could have predicted that. Certainly not JKS, who disagreed with me.

Verified LEO
    UPDATE: Today Elite XC officially announced they are shutting down. Going out of business. Who could have predicted that. Certainly not JKS, who disagreed with me.
    Obviously -- I must have been out of my head, daring to disagree with Term!

I still say it was a good card overall -- but that doesn't mean that the business side of things was holding up. They had viewership problems; the last show drew about the same as the first -- which isn't enough to keep going. If they weren't balancing the take with the purses well, or having sufficient success with sponsors -- or banking too much on a few gimmick fighters like Kimbo... they were doomed.

It's a shame, because they had some good fights and good fighters lined up, and there's not a lot of options for the women.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information