Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Why I Ran

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Why I Ran

I'm currently watching a show on A&E called Why I Ran. They get play by play commentary from criminals who have run from the police, the crime fighters who chased them, all while watching dash cam footage of the chase. It's interesting listening to the criminals in a controled environment, when they aren't high or trying to lie their way out of another charge, try and explain why they ran from the 5-oh.

I can't find the show on A&E's website.

But I found an episode guide online. If you're interested:

11-2-08 @ 1 pm, 1:30 pm, 2 pm, and 2:30 pm central time on the Biography Channel
    11-3-08 @ 9 am and 9:30 am central time on the Biography Channel
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Apparently it's a Biography channel show. A&E and Biography must be owned by the same company?

http://www.biography.com/video.do?name=whyiran
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    At first when I saw the title I thought it was about politicians explaining why they ran for office.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Criminals, politicians same thing.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    A&E has been coming out with some new and interesting shows recently...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    I watched the first one that was on last night. Some chick said she was a registered nurse and your typical soccer mom decided to run with 3 of her young kids in the mini van she was driving. The officer was attempting to stop her for speeding and she thought she had a warrant for unpaid tickets. A lot of agencies including my own would not allow you to chase in this situation. Anyway her excuse was she got scared and didn't want to be arrested in front of her kids.
    Unfortunately didn't see very good officer safety skills being practiced during that chase. One example was when the gal decided to stop and give up. She got out of the van with her hands up, door wide open. The officer ran up to cuff the suspect and did with her back to the open drivers door. Obviously not knowing if anyone was still in the van.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Unfortunately didn't see very good officer safety skills being practiced during that chase. One example was when the gal decided to stop and give up. She got out of the van with her hands up, door wide open. The officer ran up to cuff the suspect and did with her back to the open drivers door. Obviously not knowing if anyone was still in the van.
    When I was going through my FTO time, my training officer gave me a homework assignment. I was to watch each week's new episodes of COPS and write down what things I saw that the officers did well, and what things they did poorly. It was much easier to fill up the poorly column! hehehe

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Well you know what they say, it is much easier to learn from others mistakes than your own.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information