Welcome to the APBWeb.
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Lesnar vs. Couture

Anyone catch the fight yesterday? I really wanted to see it, and even thought about ordering it on PPV, but I was so exhausted from this week that I passed out around 2000.

That's too bad Couture didn't keep the belt. He's a fighter that I genuinely have a lot of respect for, both for his skills and the kind of guy he is.

They replayed the Couture/Sylvia bout the other night on Spike TV. One of the best bouts ever.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I saw it. Most of the fights were overhyped. The only two I really wanted to see were Florian/Stevenson and Couture/Lesnar. Florian won, as expected, and the main fight was disappointing. I didn't agree with Lesnar getting a title shot with his MMA record, and I think he'll lose to Nogueira or Mir in the next fight. He is a huge guy, but that's all I think he has going for him. He looked about three times bigger than Couture last night.

I hope the Nogueira/Mir and Florian/Penn fights will live up to my expectations.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Anyone who is a close study of MMA had little doubt Lesnar would destroy Couture. It was obvious to me. Lesnar is the next big thing in the UFC.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm a fan of BJ Penn and I'm looking forward to the bout with Florian.

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I'm a fan of BJ Penn and I'm looking forward to the bout with Florian.
    BJ Penn has been very impressive as of late. Especially after he changed his cardio routine and changed weight classes. I'm looking forward to the match. I foresee Penn winning.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    BJ Penn has been very impressive as of late. Especially after he changed his cardio routine and changed weight classes. I'm looking forward to the match. I foresee Penn winning.
    Yep. His last couple times out he looked about as winded as if he were taking a walk around the block.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Lesnar is the next big thing in the UFC.
    Yeah, that was his original nickname in the WWE. hehehe

Personally, I don't like Lesnar at all. But you have to admit he is an unearthly physical specimen. If he develops the skills that the other fighters have, he will be unstoppable. All he has to do is stay within the heavyweight range. I'd love to see someone take him down though

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I like both Couture and Lesnar but unfortunately missed the fight. I had to watch the stoppage via youtube lol.

As far as BJ Penn goes, I used to like him a bit until my buddy told me some stuff. My buddy, who used to be stationed in Hawaii with the Army, told me that BJ Penn thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread out there and walks around like his shit don't stink. Put in better terms; apparently he's cocky as hell - and I hate that. I think he's a great fighter, but his personality from what I've heard AND seen needs some adjustment.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Personally, I don't like Lesnar at all.

Just curious, why not?

Thread Information