Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Ace's Avatar
    Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-19-05
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    218818

    Playoffs: Wildcard, Week 1

    Here's a wrap up...

    Kurt Warner rallied his team to the first home playoff victory in Arizona and the first in franchise history since 1947 beating favorites Atlanta 30-24. San Diego destroyed posers Indianapolis and embarrassed wonderboy Peyton Manning 23-17. The Ravens went on the road and handily beat the undeserved AFC East champions Miami 27-9. And finally, the Eagles have won on the road in Minnesota, 26-14...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

  2. #2
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    It was quite a playoff weekend. Certain teams rose to the occasion, while other teams choked (COUGHpeytonmanningCOUGH).

    Next weekend should have some great match ups. Go Panthers!

    No doubt Miami was undeserving. As the Ravens were kicking the Goldfishes asses, I kept thinking, man, if this was new England, they'd be stomping the Ravens asses.

  3. #3
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    Week 2 pics..

    Baltimore at Tennessee

    I don't think the Ravens defense will be enough to offset there average offense.

    San Diego at Pittsburgh

    The Chargers have a chance with Phillip Rivers playing well, even though it's an away game. Somehow, Ben Cheeseburger always seems to pull one out of his ass in the end, which is why I'm picking the Steelers to steel the game.

    Philadelphia at New York

    They've played twice during the regular season, with both teams winning the away game. Therefore I don't consider home field a big advantage here. I do think the Eagles can win, but I don't think they will. The Giants are no Minnesota Vikings.

    Arizona at Carolina

    Arizona has momentum after a great performance this weekend by Warner, James, and Fitzgerald. They can play the Panthers close. But the Panthers are a solid team, and playing at home, where they went 8-0 during the regular season. I'll take the Panthers to meet the Giants in the NFC Championship game.

  4. #4
    tapout's Avatar
    tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-08-06
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    1,554
    Rep Power
    1618736
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

    Philadelphia at New York

    They've played twice during the regular season, with both teams winning the away game. Therefore I don't consider home field a big advantage here. I do think the Eagles can win, but I don't think they will. The Giants are no Minnesota Vikings.



    .
    the giants are not the same team without "i shot myself in the leg trying to prove im gangsta" p burress. that guy is an eagle killer. without him, they have no deep threat, therfor the eagles can stack the box and swarm that mountain of a runningback B Jacobs. i think the eagles win, and win big. but those are my boys, so im biased.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.


    the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

  5. #5
    Ace's Avatar
    Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-19-05
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    218818
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    the giants are not the same team without "i shot myself in the leg trying to prove im gangsta" p burress. that guy is an eagle killer. without him, they have no deep threat, therfor the eagles can stack the box and swarm that mountain of a runningback B Jacobs. i think the eagles win, and win big. but those are my boys, so im biased.
    I'm kinda with you though, I do think Philly can win this one. Other then that Term' picks are pretty good. Carolina was my pick early on to go to the Superbowl and I'm sticking by that. If any team can beat them though, its Warner and his WR corps...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

  6. #6
    Ace's Avatar
    Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-19-05
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    218818
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    It was quite a playoff weekend. Certain teams rose to the occasion, while other teams choked (COUGHpeytonmanningCOUGH).

    Next weekend should have some great match ups. Go Panthers!

    No doubt Miami was undeserving. As the Ravens were kicking the Goldfishes asses, I kept thinking, man, if this was new England, they'd be stomping the Ravens asses.
    I'm still pissed about the Pats missing the playoffs. I bet BB comes back with a fury next year, hopefully we draft another solid LB and a safety early on in the draft...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

  7. #7
    tapout's Avatar
    tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-08-06
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    1,554
    Rep Power
    1618736
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    . Carolina was my pick early on to go to the Superbowl and I'm sticking by that. If any team can beat them though, its Warner and his WR corps...
    i really like what the panthers are doing. they play smashmouth, hard nosed, run the ball down your throat football. and if thats not enough, they have a superstar like steve smith to throw to when you stack the box.

    i think the cards are soft, and a finesses team. they cant run the ball. they have arguably the 2 best wr's in the game though, with a proven mvp caliber qb in warner. they have the potential to put 30-40 points on you at any given time. anything could happen, the cards can be dangerous, but i see the panthers just beating them up all day.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.


    the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

  8. #8
    Ace's Avatar
    Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-19-05
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    218818
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    i really like what the panthers are doing. they play smashmouth, hard nosed, run the ball down your throat football. and if thats not enough, they have a superstar like steve smith to throw to when you stack the box.

    i think the cards are soft, and a finesses team. they cant run the ball. they have arguably the 2 best wr's in the game though, with a proven mvp caliber qb in warner. they have the potential to put 30-40 points on you at any given time. anything could happen, the cards can be dangerous, but i see the panthers just beating them up all day.
    I'm rooting for the Panthers to do it, and being that they're at home they likely will do exactly what you said and pound the Cards into the turf...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

  9. #9
    mtaylor's Avatar
    mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    11-18-08
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    20595
    After the cowgirls disappointed me this season I have to go with the panthers.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •