Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

NBC sells out Super Bowl ads for record $206 million

TAMPA, Fla. – NBC said on the eve of Sunday's Super Bowl that it has sold the last two of the 69 advertising spots for the game, pushing total ad revenue for the event to a record $206 million. The network said its total of $261 million in ad revenue for all of Super Bowl day also is a record, calling it an especially impressive feat in the middle of the economy's steep downturn.
    The Super Bowl is the premier advertising event with an U.S. audience of 100 million viewers, many of whom watch closely during game breaks for the debut of entertaining, big-budget commercials. The ads have sold for between $2.4 million and $3 million per 30-second slot this year.
    "These advertising milestones show the power of the NFL brand and the strength of the Super Bowl as a TV property in this economic climate," said Jeff Zucker, president and CEO of NBC Universal, a unit of General Electric Co. "The Super Bowl has become one of our country's biggest holidays, a uniquely American day, and advertisers recognized the value in being a part of it."
    Thirty-two advertisers in all will showcase their products during Super Bowl coverage.
    NBC said the ads featured during the game also will be available for viewing almost immediately after they air at Web sites including NBC.com, Hulu.com and Superbowl.com.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Um.. recession?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Does Hillary want to seize those profits as well. Oh wait NBC is not Exxon/Mobile.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    AMPA, Fla.
    Where exactly is "AMPA" in Florida?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Thread Information