Welcome to the APBWeb.
    IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO

Opinions on supplements

I was just curious what supplements any of you all take for your workout routine? I take a nitric oxide stimulator (l-arganine) and creatine, and then take glutamine just before and after a workout. I also drink a protein drink right after lifting. I used to take a amino acid supplement right after my workout, but now I cant get it where I used to. What all you do all take? Any recommendations?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I take pretty much the same things you do. I've heard good things about e-pol, however it's called a pro hormone which means you have to take a post cycle treatment to get all your hormones back in balance. Most prohormones will also show up as steroids on a blood test.
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Also check out Lockout Forums they great deals on supplements.
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    EAS 17g protein 110 calorie drink before workouts. EAS Myoplex 42g protein 300 calorie drink on the way home. High protein meal when I get home. Chicken breast and egg whites ect.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    I've tried damn near everything out there. Most didn't do squat for me, but I have a weird body anyways.

I stick with a huge multivitamin, protein bars, protein shakes, healthy foods and glutamine.

While creatine did work for me, i don't use it. Some of the NO2 stuff worked while most of it didn't

I'm extremely picky on my protein bars though. I'll start making my own pretty soon so I know what's really in them.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    I've always been kinda leery of all that stuff. They all make claims they can't back up. I found eating right, avoiding fast foods, junk foods, etc did more for me than anything. I doubt it does much good to load up on suppliments, work out and then go eat a couple of Big Mac's.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    Some of the NO2 stuff worked while most of it didn't
    What I have heard is that if your NO2 supplement only has l-arganine, then it's not as effective. I've heard that the better supplements are the ones that combine l-arganine with l-citrulline. The one I take (Six Star, avail at wally world) has 3 different forms of arganine and then adds the citrulline.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I think the one thing I am really missing to help build the muscle I am tearing up during intense work-outs, is major amounts of protein. I need something in a drink/shake, as opposed to just eating power bars filled with protein.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have been told you need to intake protein grams equal to your weight, but damn if that is not a lot of protein.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I have been told you need to intake protein grams equal to your weight, but damn if that is not a lot of protein.

Wow. Last time I weighed I was 280. I couldn't imagine taking that much, honestly.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I know writing down your intake of all foods and supplements will help. 280 grams probably not. 200 grams would be a goal. If you are taking in that much protein you will be taking in less carbs. Which will help in the leaning out process too.

Verified LEO
    Well, 5-0, are you talking about taking that much post-workout, or just consuming that much protein in a day? 200g post workout would be a shit-load, like 5 myoplexes.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Throughout the day.

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    If you ingested 200g of pro at once, your body would waste a huge majority of it.

Last time I checked, about 3 months ago, .7g of protein per 1lb of body weight was optimal. I know of some people that do twice that, but they are freaks.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Thread Information