Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daytona 500

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Daytona 500

No ongoing pool, pick your favorite for the race.

I'm going sentimental and picking Mark Martin
    (Hendrick machinery won't hurt his chances)

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    It wold be good to see Mark Martin win it.
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Mark Martin.

One of my very good friends is the PR person for the 5 team.

She said the enthusiasm he shows on tv is minor compared to off camera. He is jacked and ready to rock.

As much as I don't like the man, I think Gordon will run well.

Stewart and Newman will also show a lot of people that they can run well despite their setbacks.

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    It would be nice to see Martin win but I am hoping for a Tony Stewart victory.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Junior.

Time to bounce back from last year.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Junior.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'll accept Kenseth. Even though it drives me nuts when they call a race.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

I'm rooting for Gordon.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yeah. I have no problem with Kenseth. Wish it would have played out though.

I tell ya what, I'm a Junior fan, but he had a serious case of head up ass today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I tell ya what, I'm a Junior fan, but he had a serious case of head up ass today.

Today? LOL.

It was a bogus win for Kenseth, let's face it. The race was called 48 laps short of the finish.

Dale Jr finishes in 28th place. Pretty good.

Overrated!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Here's my addition. Rest in Peace Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Yeah. I have no problem with Kenseth. Wish it would have played out though.

Oh baloney.

Vickers claimed he "got to the line first" which was bull. If he'd gotten to the line FIRST, Junior wouldn't have clipped him getting back in line, because he wouldn't have been beside him. It comes down to the fact that Junior had a good run on him, was beside him, and Vickers aggressively blocked him out of bounds. Junior went below the line to AVOID wrecking Vickers. There's nothing wrong with blocking, or being aggressive when you block someone. But don't complain when you end up getting burned by your own block.

Vickers caused that wreck. If he hadn't pushed Junior out of bounds, it never would have happened.

ETA: Junior should spend the week practicing parking in his fcking pit box. Good lord that was bush league!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh baloney.

Vickers claimed he "got to the line first" which was bull. If he'd gotten to the line FIRST, Junior wouldn't have clipped him getting back in line, because he wouldn't have been beside him. It comes down to the fact that Junior had a good run on him, was beside him, and Vickers aggressively blocked him out of bounds. Junior went below the line to AVOID wrecking Vickers. There's nothing wrong with blocking, or being aggressive when you block someone. But don't complain when you end up getting burned by your own block.

Vickers caused that wreck. If he hadn't pushed Junior out of bounds, it never would have happened.

ETA: Junior should spend the week practicing parking in his fcking pit box. Good lord that was bush league!
    I see your point bro, BUT...

Regardless of who got back in line first, junior could have lifted just as easy as wreckin him. I like him, but it was a boneheaded move.

First thing I thought was that was payback for Talledega '06.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I see your point bro, BUT...

Regardless of who got back in line first, junior could have lifted just as easy as wreckin him. I like him, but it was a boneheaded move.

First thing I thought was that was payback for Talledega '06.
    Well, I see your point too, BUT...

He's there to race, not play follow the leader. If he lifts not only does he lose a ton of positions, he also runs the risk of getting hit and turned around himself. I don't believe he did it intentionally, because his last name isn't Stewart (cough, cough), but it just comes down to the fact that it's racing. It happens.

But like I said, had Vickers not crowded him off of the track and out of bounds, it never would have happened. Rather than have NASCAR look at Earnhardt for rough driving, they should look at Vickers for forcing the 88 car out of bounds, which, in turn caused a wreck.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well, I see your point too, BUT...

He's there to race, not play follow the leader. If he lifts not only does he lose a ton of positions, he also runs the risk of getting hit and turned around himself. I don't believe he did it intentionally, because his last name isn't Stewart (cough, cough), but it just comes down to the fact that it's racing. It happens.

But like I said, had Vickers not crowded him off of the track and out of bounds, it never would have happened. Rather than have NASCAR look at Earnhardt for rough driving, they should look at Vickers for forcing the 88 car out of bounds, which, in turn caused a wreck.
    Had he been on the lead lap, I'd agree with you. But, he was racing to be the lucky dog, while in a pack of guys on the lead lap. Had he been patient and made a better move than trying to go all the way to the bottom entering 3, where he only had half a lane to begin with it could have been avoided. I'll concede that Vickers had no reason to throw a block in that situation either, but if Jr would have lifted it wouldn't have been that big of.a deal.

And let's face it, its Jr, you KNOW he wouldn't have gotten called for rough driving.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Had he been on the lead lap, I'd agree with you. But, he was racing to be the lucky dog, while in a pack of guys on the lead lap. Had he been patient and made a better move than trying to go all the way to the bottom entering 3, where he only had half a lane to begin with it could have been avoided. I'll concede that Vickers had no reason to throw a block in that situation either, but if Jr would have lifted it wouldn't have been that big of.a deal.

And let's face it, its Jr, you KNOW he wouldn't have gotten called for rough driving.
    Lead lap or not, he was still racing for positions. At that point in every race there's always two races going on; the cars on the lead lap, and the cars laps down. And I don't see why he needed to be patient, when he had the opportunity to go for it. He had a good run on him.

Why wouldn't Jr. be called out for rough driving?

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Lead lap or not, he was still racing for positions. At that point in every race there's always two races going on; the cars on the lead lap, and the cars laps down. And I don't see why he needed to be patient, when he had the opportunity to go for it. He had a good run on him.

Why wouldn't Jr. be called out for rough driving?
    There was plenty of race left, and he had the car to go to the front with plenty of time. He wouldn't have been called for it because he is Junior. No explanation needed really. Its Nascar, they hardly make sense. I just think the choice he made and when was bad. He was clearly shook by his screw ups in the pits and got impatient.

I think he'd have been more justified dumping Busch early on when he kept throwing the block on him coming out of four.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    There was plenty of race left, and he had the car to go to the front with plenty of time. He wouldn't have been called for it because he is Junior. No explanation needed really. Its Nascar, they hardly make sense. I just think the choice he made and when was bad. He was clearly shook by his screw ups in the pits and got impatient.

I think he'd have been more justified dumping Busch early on when he kept throwing the block on him coming out of four.
    Well, agree to disagree.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I hate to be the one blaming NASCAR, but I'm going to be 'that guy'.

The sanctioning body could warn fans weather was in the area, but not start early? They knew their broadcast partner wasn't willing to go long and bump the first Hi-Def episode of "The Simpson's" after so much promotion.

So bump the damn gopher. Bump the two hours of fluff pieces, start the race early - as they do with any other race - and get us to lap 200. They call it the Superbowl of their sport; would the NFL give up the 4th quarter of a game and call it good because the pre-game was more important?

NASCAR blew it. Again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-21-09, 09:53 PM

Thread Information