Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Exclamation Real fight breaks out at bar between former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia and WWE Wrestler Kane

DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs (pictures below).

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.

6'8, 263 lb UFC Fighter Tim Sylvia

7'0, 320 lb WWE Wrestler Kane

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Yeah I wouldn't fuck with either of them.

What a couple morons.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Proving yet again, no matter how much of a bad ass UFC fighter you are, there is no substitute for cubic inches and a little ground fighting skill.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post

What a couple morons.

Hell, I don't blame Glen. He was with his wife, and Sylvia started the fight with him in a bar full of people. If I were in Glen's shoes I would have probably kicked his ass too.

Glen is actually a very level headed guy, and a very active libertarian.

Here is an article from Jan of '08:

ABC's Z. Byron Wolf reports from Nashua, N.H.: Ron Paul does not have a security detail. The closest thing is a retired customs inspector who acts as Paul's driver and body man on the road.
    So, it was a little odd to see an enormous -- truly, a well-muscled giant -- standing behind Paul in a red polo shirt, and looking menacing when the Texas congressman was mobbed by supporters after a speech to a meeting of the Liberty Forum in Nashua, N.H., today.
    Turns out, it was not an addition to the small cadre of family and staff that travel with Paul, but a new supporter: Glen Jacobs, aka "Kane" from the WWE. Jacobs was appearing at the Liberty Forum, independent of Paul, but has endorsed the congressman's bid for the Republican presidential nomination.
    Another featured speaker at the Liberty Forum today: John Birch Society president John McManus.
    It is unclear if Kane, who has made a career of looking menacing, meant to do so today, but it appeared like it would hurt if he body slammed you as he lumbered behind Paul, among supporters.
    Appearances can be deceiving, however. When asked by reporters earlier if he ended up campaigning for Paul, would he ask people for their vote "nicely?" Jacobs said that "Libertarians oppose the use of force, of course." Asked how that jives with his wrestling career, Kane said that it's different because, "You know, the other guy steps in the ring with you."

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey Term, did you hear that Test was found dead in his home this weekend?
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey Term, did you hear that Test was found dead in his home this weekend?

Sure did. I heard he had recently slipped back into the drugs. No foul play so I'm guessing it is drug related.

UPDATE-- There are some online reports going around saying WWE Superstar Kane had gotten into a bar fight with UFC star Tim Sylvia this past week in Detroit. However, neither man was in Detroit at the time of the alleged incident.
    To confirm, a WWE spokesman dismissed the story, telling The Sun: "This is a total fabrication."
    Kane also offered comment to the British newspaper.
    "I was sitting at home at the time and someone told me – that was the first I'd heard about it," Kane said. "I hear I handled it pretty well though. I'm happy with myself! I'm pretty sure Tim won't hold a grudge."
    Kane went on to say that he and Undertaker have taken part in MMA training.
    "Wrestlers are a little tougher than we're generally given credit for and I think we'd represent ourselves well," Kane said.

To read the interview, click here.

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Proving yet again, no matter how much of a bad ass UFC fighter you are, there is no substitute for cubic inches and a little ground fighting skill.
    Quite true sir...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO
    Good thing I wasn't there either, because at 6"0", 230lbs, and over 50, I'd have shot and killed both people who were lucky enough to not be there either.............

Don't fuck with old people. We're tired, cranky, and we will kill you.
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    All I'm saying is: Rematch in the cage ASAP!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-12-09, 06:20 PM

Thread Information