Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Weight loss enhances obese men's sexual well-being

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Obese men who undergo gastric bypass surgery will not only lose weight; their sex lives are likely to improve, too, new research shows.
    "We wanted to know if obesity was biologically associated with an unsatisfying sex life, and if so, could it be reversible," Dr. Ahmad Hammoud of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, who led the study, said in a press release accompanying the new report. "Our results show that the answer to both questions may be yes."
    While obesity in men has been linked to low testosterone levels, high levels of estrogen, impaired fertility, and worse sexual quality of life, Hammoud and his colleagues note in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, there is little information on what happens to these men's sex hormones and sexual function if they lose weight.
    To investigate, Hammoud and his team looked at 22 men who had undergone gastric bypass surgery and 42 obese men who didn't have the operation. At the study's outset, participants weighed 330 pounds, on average, while the average BMI for the group was 46.2, what is considered to be .
    The heavier the men were, the lower their testosterone, and the more likely they were to report dissatisfaction with their sex lives-especially avoiding sexual encounters and having difficulty performing sexually.
    Two years later, the men who'd had weight loss surgery had dropped an average of nearly 17 points from their BMI. Their estrogen levels had fallen significantly, while their testosterone levels had gone up. And all showed improvements on each of the four measures of sexual quality of life the researchers looked at: they were less likely to avoid sexual encounters, have difficulty with sexual performance, have little sexual desire, or report not enjoying sex.
    There were no significant changes in measures of sexual quality of life or hormone levels in the group of men who didn't have the surgery.
    Because other both biological and psychological factors involved in obesity can affect both sexual health and hormone levels, Hammoud and his team conclude, more research is needed to determine whether there is a causal relationship between hormone changes and sexual quality of life.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    so....the better shape a guy is in, the more times he'll get laid? Did we need a scientific study to tell us this?!?!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Cidp24 is online now Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Yes. Significant weight loss does enhance. I can tell you that first hand.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    so....the better shape a guy is in, the more times he'll get laid? Did we need a scientific study to tell us this?!?!?!?!?
    I was thinking the same thing lol
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Verified LEO
    Dr. Bob Loblaw's new medical study:

the more alcohol you drink, the drunker you will get.
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Dr. Bob Loblaw's new medical study:

the more alcohol you drink, the drunker you will get.
    The more alcohol you drink....the better everyone else looks.

And the sexier you feel...which disappears as soon as you get a lookie loo at yourself in the ladies room mirror.

(just thought I'd share my medical study finds LOL)
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    The more alcohol you drink....the better everyone else looks.

True, true. I tell my girlfriend all the time that the more she drinks, the better I look.

Verified LEO
    For me, the level of alcohol consumption is directly proportional to the my level of charm. the more I drink, the more super duper charming I get...like Errol Flynn mixed with James Bond. But not the Timothy Dalton "Bond." More like the Connery "Bond."

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    For me, the level of alcohol consumption is directly proportional to the my level of charm. the more I drink, the more super duper charming I get...like Errol Flynn mixed with James Bond. But not the Timothy Dalton "Bond." More like the Connery "Bond."
    Now...is this "fact" based on actual witness testimony to your debonaire charm or is this a figment of your alcohol soaked brain thinking you are that charming?

Thread Information