Welcome to the APBWeb.
    tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO

no real draft talk yet? im surprised

let me start by saying Oakland, you are probably the worst professional franchise in football, and that includes Detroit who went winless all of last year. Heyward-Bey, 7th overall. Are you fucking kidding me? Plus, you took him over Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, and of course...Michael Crabtree, probably the most skilled player at his position in the draft, and a lock to be great if he can stay healthy. Heyward-Bey may have speed, but his hands are like bricks, and he has dissapeared in games in the ACC. a number 1 should never get shut out in a college game. That will surely translate to his professionaol career. I think he has bust written all over him. And Mike Mitchell in the second round? who the fuck is that? he was listed as the 73rd best safety in college football. not the 73rd best player overall, the 73rd best safety. you could have got him in the 6th or 7th round. hell, you could have got him as a free agent when he went undrafted. you suck.

now, on to my EAGLES. A dynamic receiver in Jeremy Maclin and a talented punishing ball carrier in Lashawn McCoy at RB, plus the trade for Jason Peters at Tackle...I couldnt be happier with what they did in the draft. i was pissed when they basically let their secondary walk (ie Dawkins, Sheppard, Considine, and soon to loose Brown), but theyre bringing me back in.

E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES!!!!!
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I missed the actual draft, but only because I was making sexy time. I think the obvious issue with Oakland is the management. Until the people in charge are removed, or die, they will always suck. Same thing in Detroit.

The Eagles situation with McNabb seems unstable?

Matthew Stafford was already lined up to go to Detroit, and the Jets took a QB (goodbye Brett).

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I missed the actual draft, but only because I was making sexy time.
    thats funny, i turned down sexy time to watch the draft. but i made up for it later
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    thats funny, i turned down sexy time to watch the draft. but i made up for it later

I wouldn't turn it down for the NFL Draft, but I would have for the Canes playoff game tonight.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    Let me start by saying Oakland, you are probably the worst professional franchise in football, and that includes Detroit who went winless all of last year.
    I think the obvious issue with Oakland is the management. Until the people in charge are removed, or die, they will always suck. Same thing in Detroit.
    I don't follow the NFL too well but in my opinion the Oakland Raiders have always sucked. Al Davis is a whining idiot who is only in it for the money. He moved his team from Oakland to Los Angeles then back to Oakland and now I hear they may be moving to San Jose. Dumbass needs to make up his mind and stay put in one place.

They also signed Terrell Owens, am I correct? We all know about good ole TO and his issues. Who are they going to sign next if he isn't already taken after he gets out of jail. Michael Vick?

Again, I don't follow the NFL too well. Just enough to know who the teams are. But I absolutely can't stand the Raiders. Never have been able to.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Al Davis is a whining idiot who is only in it for the money.
    When I said "...or die..." I was referring to Al Davis.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    When I said "...or die..." I was referring to Al Davis.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I'm still very angry that Dawkins left my Eagles, but we'll see how they do this season as they've picked up some promising players. So far it's myself and tapout that are Eagles fans, anyone else?

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    I don't follow the NFL too well but in my opinion the Oakland Raiders have always sucked. Al Davis is a whining idiot who is only in it for the money. He moved his team from Oakland to Los Angeles then back to Oakland and now I hear they may be moving to San Jose. Dumbass needs to make up his mind and stay put in one place.

They also signed Terrell Owens, am I correct? We all know about good ole TO and his issues. Who are they going to sign next if he isn't already taken after he gets out of jail. Michael Vick?
    Owens signed with the Buffalo Bills. The Raiders at one time had the other Citizen of the Year candidate, Randy Moss.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Owens signed with the Buffalo Bills. The Raiders at one time had the other Citizen of the Year candidate, Randy Moss.
    Ah OK, when they become a Citizen of the Year candidate, they tend to all look alike to me.

Not a LEO

Thread Information