Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

ESPN reports Mayfield tested positive for meth

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- ESPN The Magazine is reporting that NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tested positive for methamphetamine during a random drug screening on May 1.
    ESPN The Magazine cites two independent sources in its report published on Tuesday afternoon.
    NASCAR has not officially identified the drug that resulted in Mayfield's positive test.
    Mayfield was suspended from racing on May 9. Mayfield said he used the prescription drug Adderall to treat ADHD and he took Claritin-D to treat allergies.
    NASCAR says that combination couldn't cause a positive test.
    Mayfield's attorney, Bill Diehl, told NewsChannel 36 by phone Tuesday afternoon, "He has never used the drug they are accusing him of testing positive for. He's never used methamphetamines. NASCAR thinks it can run all over anybody. They're not going to run over me and they're not going to run over Jeremy Mayfield."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It is a drug of choice for truck drivers. I'll be interested to see this one develop.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Meth is some nasty stuff. I wonder if he got it from Methdesto, CA

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm not suprised. Mayfield used to be very good, but his severe attitude swings caused his demise in the sport. No wonder why he was always from one extreme to the other.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I'm not suprised. Mayfield used to be very good, but his severe attitude swings caused his demise in the sport. No wonder why he was always from one extreme to the other.

That's very true. It's not like he used to be winning every weekend, but he was at least consistently competitive. That as dropped off significantly as of late.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    That's very true. It's not like he used to be winning every weekend, but he was at least consistently competitive. That as dropped off significantly as of late.

After this...it will drop off even more. Wonder how quickly his sponsor will leave him?
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Mayfield has suspension lifted by a federal judge - Jul 1, 2009
    Ruling allows driver at Daytona; NASCAR 'disappointed'

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A judge issued a temporary injunction on Wednesday that lifted Jeremy Mayfield's drug suspension, saying the NASCAR driver is free to race at Daytona this weekend.

U.S. District Court Judge Graham Mullen concluded the "likelihood of a false positive in this case is quite substantial." The decision came after NASCAR's lawyers portrayed Mayfield as a danger to the sport after he tested positive for methamphetamines on May 1. He was suspended indefinitely eight days later.

Mayfield's lawyers argued he never used recreational drugs and that NASCAR's testing system was flawed.

"This is huge for us. This means more to me probably than any race I've ever won or anything," a smiling Mayfield said outside the courtroom, with his wife, Shana, at his side. "To come out here and do what we did [Wednesday]. ... All the attorneys worked tirelessly and endlessly. It all paid off for us."

Still, Mayfield said he was unsure if he would be able to secure the money needed to bring his car to Daytona. The deadline to enter Saturday's race was June 23. Mayfield, however, still can join the race as a late entry until the garage opens at 8:30 a.m. Thursday though he would not earn any championship points.

Mayfield also suggested he might drive a car for another team and said a decision would be made soon.

"It's kind of late in the game right now, but we're able to go. That was our goal, to be able to go back to work and race cars," Mayfield said. "The main thing is to clear the air and let the fans know. It just feels good to get this off our back, and now we'll move forward."

NASCAR chairman Brian France said the organization has no immediate plans to file an appeal, but he didn't rule it out.

...rest at the link in headline

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    In the latest episode of As The Wheel Turns comes a damning revelation from the step mother

NASCAR: Mayfield again tests positive for meth

33 minutes ago

By JENNA FRYER AP Auto Racing Writer

NASCAR said Jeremy Mayfield once again tested positive for methamphetamine and asked the federal judge who lifted the driver’s drug suspension to reinstate the ban.

The positive result from a July 6 random test was included in a U.S. District Court filing Wednesday that included an affidavit from Mayfield’s stepmother, who claimed she personally witnessed the driver using methamphetamine at least 30 times over seven years.

“Because Mr. Mayfield’s repeated and confirmed use of methamphetamine violates NASCAR’s Substance Abuse Policy, and because NASCAR must be permitted to protect the safety of its drivers, crews, and fans, as well as the integrity of the sport, defendants respectfully request that the court … reinstate NASCAR’s suspension of Mr. Mayfield,” NASCAR wrote in its filing.

Mayfield was suspended May 9 for failing a random drug test conducted eight days earlier. NASCAR later said he tested positive for methamphetamines, but Mayfield has denied ever using the illegal drug.

He sued, and U.S. District Court Judge Graham Mullen issued an injunction July 1 that allowed Mayfield to return to competition.

Mullen based his decision on Mayfield’s argument that the testing system is flawed and there was a reasonable likelihood of a false positive. He also gave NASCAR the right to test Mayfield at any time.

NASCAR did just that July 6 at Mayfield’s home and said in its filings that the “A” sample had levels of methamphetamine consistent with habitual users who consume high doses.

The filing also claims Mayfield and his attorneys have failed to select a qualified laboratory to test the backup “B” sample.

But more damaging is an affidavit from Lisa Mayfield, who said she married Mayfield’s father in a 2003 ceremony immediately following Mayfield’s marriage to his wife, Shana.

Lisa Mayfield said she first saw the driver use meth in 1998 at a race shop in Mooresville, N.C. She said Mayfield cooked his own drugs until the ingredient pseudoephedrine was taken off the shelves and it became too difficult for Mayfield to obtain the ingredients.

She said her stepson then began to purchase meth from others.

“Between 1998 and 2005, I am personally aware that Jeremy used methamphetamines often,” she said in her affidavit. “I was concerned about his heavy use and talked to his father about it. I saw Jeremy use methamphetamine by snorting it up his nose at least 30 times during the 7 years I was around him. Jeremy used methamphetamine not only in my presence, but also when we were both in the presence of others.”

Lisa Mayfield said the driver told her he used meth before a season-ending NASCAR awards ceremony while driving for Ray Evernham. She also said Mayfield used meth during a 1999 trip to Myrtle Beach that preceded a race at nearby Darlington Raceway.

“We left Myrtle Beach and traveled to Darlington for the race,” she wrote. “I saw Jeremy using methamphetamine again when we reached Darlington.”

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Jesus, I hope they kick his ass out of Nascar and get him some help.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    This is just incredible.

I was giving him a tiny sliver of doubt that something had gone wrong in the testing process, but now TWO failed tests for the same drug?

Boot his ass out and tell him to never come back.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information