Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Thumbs down Nike confiscates all video of Xavier University sophomore Jordan Crawford dunking on LeBron James, at the "LeBron James Skills Academy"

a CBSSports.com article and an article by Chris Chase in rivals.com from Yahoo Sports, claims that LeBron James got dunked on by Xavier University sophomore Jordan Crawford.
    Crawford, according to the articles, had a two-hand slam on James during Monday's LeBron James Skills Academy at the University of Akron.
    James, just like many all stars, has been dunked on before. But what generated some pause was that you will never see the dunk on video.

In CBSSports.com:
    Freelance photographer Ryan Miller was one of the cameramen shooting the game.
    He told CBSSports.com that Nike Basketball Senior Director Lynn Merritt took his tape.
    "He just said, 'We have to take your tape,'" Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."
    Worth noting is that there is no policy against filming at the LeBron James Skills Academy, and Miller said he had been filming all day without incident. Nobody ever told him to stop. Nobody ever said there was a problem ... until after Crawford dunked on James.
    No video of the dunk will actually help Crawford. Since no one will see it, the dunk could grow to mythic proportions.
    Chase writes:
    Because nobody can see it, the story of the dunk will grow in stature with each telling. Today, it was a simple two-handed slam. In a few days, it will be a 360-degree windmill. By the time Crawford makes his Xavier debut in October, he will have jumped off LeBron's shoulders, flipped in the air, slammed the ball home with his left pinkie and then handed LeBron $3.99 for his dry cleaning.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    this is ridiculous, so he got dunked on...guess what, there are people out there who can fucking dunk. it happens to every player in the NBA. i played soccer in college (goalie). i have a 2 year old and a 1 year old son, and i play goalie while they kick a nerf soccer ball at me. on occassion, one slips by me. imagine that. it happens. all Nike is doing by hiding the tape is sensationalizing the incident. if it was released i dont really think anyone would have gave a shit.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    this is ridiculous, so he got dunked on...guess what, there are people out there who can fucking dunk. it happens to every player in the NBA. i played soccer in college (goalie). i have a 2 year old and a 1 year old son, and i play goalie while they kick a nerf soccer ball at me. on occassion, one slips by me. imagine that. it happens. all Nike is doing by hiding the tape is sensationalizing the incident. if it was released i dont really think anyone would have gave a shit.
    I agree. In fact, I think they're making this in to a bigger incident by how they handled this.

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO

How really cares (beside the self proclaimed wonder king James)?

It must be a big deal to Nike alone. A Cleveland station aired the video yesterday during sports. Anyone can be beat...whoppy-do.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I worked a detail last weekend covering Mo Williams and LeBron James. Jerious Norwood was also there for a short time. Williams and Norwood are real class acts when it comes to appreciating the job security does for them. Heck, we almost had to excuse ourselves from conversation with Norwood to do our jobs because he kept hanging out with us, talking. You might notice that James is conspicuously absent from these compliments.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Sports Program

The actual Dunk

The Video

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Thread Information