Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Police: Jealous 20 year old girlfriend shot Steve McNair while he slept, then killed herself

Police have determined that Sahel Kazemi murdered former Titans quarterback Steve McNair last weekend with four shots while he was asleep on the couch, then sat down next to him and shot herself in the temple.
    Metro Police Chief Ronal Serpas said at a press conference this afternoon that their interviews with Kazemi's friends and coworkers showed that in the last five to seven days of her life, the 20-year-old felt her life was unraveling.

She had recently saw signs that McNair may be involved with another woman, and she might have been worried about making rent payments and payments on two cars, including a Cadillac Escalade registered in both her and McNair's name.

“We do believe there was evidence that she was spinning out of control,” Serpas said.

Serpas said Kazemi shot McNair in the right temple. That was followed quickly with two shots to the chest from about two to four feet away. Then she shot him in the left temple, which Serpas said was a "contact shot" within two inches from his head.

Then she sat next to him on the couch, Serpas said, in such a way that police believe she tried to stage her suicide to fall into his lap. She shot herself in the temple. Police think she fell into McNair's lap, then gravity pulled her to the floor.

According to preliminary results from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the 9-mm pistol found underneath Kazemi's body was the same that killed both of them. While blood contaminated the gunshot residue test, there was trace evidence of residue on her left hand.

Serpas said Kazemi had become very distraught, and on two occasions told friends and associates that her life was all messed up and she "was going to end it all." Several things were overwhelming her, including financial problems, Serpas said. Her roommate was moving out, meaning her rent payment was about to increase. She was also making payments on the Escalade she co-owned with McNair.

Serpas said Kazemi saw McNair with another woman days before the murder and attempted to follow the woman, whom police said they talked to but Serpas did not identify.
    Police also believe Kazemi purchased the gun in the parking lot of Dave & Buster's, where she worked, in the middle of a shift.

Serpas said there was no evidence that anyone else was involved, or that the crime scene had been tampered with by the men who found their bodies and called police that morning.

Serpas said they did not exact time of the shooting, but believed it happened sometime after 1 a.m. or 1:45 a.m. The next-door neighbor was not home that night, and arrived home between 6 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., and heard nothing after that.

Serpas said there were no drugs found at the scene or drug paraphernalia, but were awaiting toxicology reports on the bodies.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    She had recently saw signs that McNair may be involved with another woman.
    oh, you mean, like his wife...
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    oh, you mean, like his wife...
    Nope. She was actually referring to ANOTHER girlfriend she suspected he might leave her for.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Nope. She was actually referring to ANOTHER girlfriend she suspected he might leave her for.
    yeah, is she really surprised. shes a 20 year old waitress at Dave and Busters that he met whlie he was there with his family. he had a Batcave that he and another buddy rent where they can bring chicks on the DL and knock the bottom out of them. she was far from special.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    If your gonna cheat on your women , you might be wise to sleep with one eye open.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    If your gonna cheat on your women , you might be wise to sleep with one eye open.
    Or maybe not give them a key to the bat cave.
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Thread Information