Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

And here we go...Jesse Jackson accuses NFL of conspiring against Micahel Vick to keep him out of the league

The Rev. Jesse Jackson is accusing NFL teams conspiring against Michael Vick to keep him out of the league, even after he has been freed from prison and conditionally reinstated by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Speaking to New York Times columnist William C. Rhoden, Jackson said he is ready to take a public stand against what he views as collusion by NFL owners:

"I want to make it an issue," Jackson said Thursday in a telephone interview. "I want teams to explain why they have a quarterback who has less skills but is playing or at least is on the taxi squad, and a guy with more skills can't get into training camp. ...

"If he can't make the team, don't let him play. If he can, let him work. ...

"If the guy has paid his dues to the criminal justice system, paid his debt to the N.F.L. and shows remorse, what else does he need to do?"
    Jackson's points all sound valid, but what I don't understand is why Jackson thinks Vick doesn't already have the opportunity he's seeking. Vick is already free to sign with any of the 32 NFL teams. It's just that so far he hasn't. That doesn't mean Vick is being punished by those 32 NFL teams, it just means that those 32 NFL teams think Vick is more likely to hurt the team than help it. Vick has only himself to blame for that.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good luck Jesse. I look forward to the fight between him and PETA. Animal rights vs. Political Correctness. I can't wait.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Good luck Jesse. I look forward to the fight between him and PETA. Animal rights vs. Political Correctness. I can't wait.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Now all he needs is to get his buddy Sharpton involved as well and they can babble on TV about their cause and try to make you forget about their tax issues.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Jackson is an idiot. He's talking about 32 private businesses (essentially - entertainment for profit). They can hire and fire whoever the hell they want.

There are plenty of employer's who won't hire someone based on a criminal record the NFL SHOULD do the same thing. Hopefully it'll begin with Vick
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Jesse has a point. Why should Michael Vick face consequences for his actions. Stop player hating.The stupid dogs should have won their fights.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information