Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Dirk is offline Banned

From the that-was-fast file, Nike signs Michael Vick to brand-new endorsement deal

Kathleen Hessert, who on her Twitter account touts herself as “reputation manager”, Tweeted today:
    BREAKING NEWS: Micheal Vick just signed Nike endorsement deal.”
    Hessert later noted that a panelist at an event she was currently attending in New York, SportsBusiness Journal’s Sports Sponsorship Symposium, had revealed the news.
    A rep from SportsBusiness Journal also added, via Twitter: “Vick deal was announced during panel by Mike Principe, managing director of BEST, the agency that reps Vick.
    Liz Mullen of SBJ added that Joel Segal is Vick’s agent at BEST agency, so I imagine he was the one who brokered the deal.
    Vick had his previous endorsement deal with Nike terminated after pleading guilty to dogfighting charges in 2007.
    I’m sure the main media will make this into a much bigger deal than it really is, considering there’s been little-to-no protesting over Vick’s return to the NFL.
    It’s a pretty safe bet that Nike consulted with PETA and other animal groups before proceeding with the deal.
    There may be some faux protestation by animal rights groups to keep up appearances and grab publicity, but it appears this is a sign corporate america has now concluded that Vick has finally earned his forgiveness with the general public.
    Goodness knows he paid a hefty price.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Vick's actions have done more to bring dog fights to the public attention than anything PETA ever tried. That's not to excuse his reprehensible behavior, but perhaps good will come of this.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Well, there goes any desire to buy Nike again.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good for Vick. He has served more time and payed a bigger price for hurting/killing animals than some people have paid for KILLING A PERSON.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Good for Vick. He has served more time and payed a bigger price for hurting/killing animals than some people have paid for KILLING A PERSON.
    Yeah, I'm starting to get sick of all the negativity towards Vick. Yeah, he did the crime, but he paid the price for it. As long as he doesnt' start doing it again, I think he's been punished appropriately. There are far more public figures who have done far worse who have not received the lambasting that Vick has. Doesn't make what he did right though.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Thread Information