Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Daily Journal

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Daily Journal

I have decided to start posting my workout and diet journal on O/R as a way to stay accountable. Anyone is free to join me, so no need to wait until the New Year to start a resolution.

Exercise:
    30 minutes cardio on the treadmill (jogging to sprints up and down)
    Medicine Ball workout
    Push ups (different varieties)
    Squats

Breakfast: Oatmeal, black coffee
    Lunch: Roasted Chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat, 1/2 cup potato salad
    Dinner: Steamed veggies, mashed potatoes, and meat loaf

120 oz water through out the day

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Cool! I had the same breakfast that you did, minus the coffee.

Good luck!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    My Food Diary - Online Calorie Counter w/ Diet Journal & Exercise Log - Free Trial

Keeps up with exercise, water consumption, calories, nutrients, "good" fat and "bad" fat, etc.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

You two need to quit blowing sunshine up my backside and post some workouts and diet journals. The alternative is to choke yourselves!!!!

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post

You two need to quit blowing sunshine up my backside and post some workouts and diet journals. The alternative is to choke yourselves!!!!

OK, here's mine:

Exercise:
    45 minute walk around town (running errands), plus 15 minutes of cardio (sprinting to reach intersections before the "walk" sign disappeared).
    12 hours of finger exercises (typing posts on O/R).

Breakfast: 1 bowl of oatmeal and 1 cup of carrot juice.
    Lunch: 1 cup of soy milk, 1 slice of pumpkin pie, 1 apple, and 1 banana.
    Dinner: 3 microwaved Portabella mushrooms with peanut sauce and raw cilantro, 1 bowl of oatmeal, 1 apple, and 1 banana.

Several cups of water throughout the day.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Hmmm, methinks I missed the purpose of this thread.
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    12 hours of finger exercises
    thats hot
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    thats hot
    My keyboard is smokin'!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Lets see... so far today I've had. 2 apricots, 1 banana, 1 steak, 1 plate of buffalo wings with extra hot sauce, chicken strips, french fries, cookies, 2 hot dogs, and 3 liters of water.. and I'm not even half way through my shift yet
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    120 cal protein drink for breakfast (got behind schedule with the little one)

Fried Chicken, green beans, northern beans for lunch

Steamed veggies, potatoes, left over meatloaf for dinner

100 oz of water though out the day.

No exercise due to town and law enforcement personnel board meetings (Tuesdays are late nights for me.)

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 cup of carrot juice, 1 kiwi.
    Lunch: 1 bowl of instant noodles with bean sprouts and cilantro, 1 cup of carrot juice, 1 banana.
    Dinner: 1 slice of cheesecake, 1 bowl of oatmeal, 1 cup of soy milk.

Cups of water throughout the day.

Exercise:
    30-minute walk, another 12 hours of finger exercises.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Breakfast: A pack of nabs, a sugar free Red Bull, and coffee
    Lunch: Tortilla soup and water
    Supper: A Mexican casserole and a salad
    I went up and down the stairs at HQ a few times today for exercise

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Actually reading all your meal logs and my own just made me hungry so I'm eating another banana and will probably have another slice of cheesecake after that. I'm glad I'm not on a diet, because if I were, these logs would be counterproductive!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 cup of carrot juice, 1 kiwi.
    Lunch: 1 bowl of instant noodles with bean sprouts and cilantro, 1 cup of carrot juice, 1 banana.
    Dinner: 1 slice of cheesecake, 1 bowl of oatmeal, 1 cup of soy milk.

Cups of water throughout the day.

Exercise:
    30-minute walk, another 12 hours of finger exercises.
    Jenna, you must be a small person or have a small stomach. I would have to double those portions to satisfy my hunger. Oh yeah, and add some sort of meat and nix the soy milk. Tried some once and . Actually I'm not much of a milk drinker at all. I only use it on cold cereal or mixed with equal portions of egg-nog (thins it out). Or chocolate milk.

What I was really looking at was your breakfast. You could mix the banana, kiwi and carrot juice in a juicer and have a nice tasting fruit cocktail smoothie.

My wife has a similar concoction that she makes with her juicer.

4 apples, 3 carrots, 2 oranges, and 1 knob of ginger root for a little extra kick.

Run it all through the juicer. Serves 2. Or have some now and then some more later.

Here's my general daily menu:

Breakfast: 2 packets of flavored oatmeal and a cup of hot chocolate. Usually put a couple of swigs of flavored dairy coffee creamer for variety.

Lunch: 1 pot pie or 1 TV dinner. I only have 30 minutes for lunch and waiting for the microwave can sometimes take up half of it.

Dinner: Usually up for grabs. My wife makes a dish we call Sticky Chicken. It involves lightly browned chicken breast pieces served over rice with a homemade sweet and sour sauce made out of plum jam, Catalina salad dressing and diced onions. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.

Exercise: 30 minute walk to and from my work's vanpool stop, plus I get enough exercise lifting case goods and walking all over the front section of a 600,000 sq ft warehouse receiving freight and running errands.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Breakfast:
    Another Protein shake, black coffee

Lunch:
    Vegetable Soup w/ whole wheat crackers

Dinner:
    Oven backed broccoli, pasta, and cheese dish
    2 Samuel Adams Winter Lagers (don't worry the workout took care of them)

Exercise:
    This little gem of a medicine ball workout 20 reps each:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDEhekunkj4]YouTube - Medicine Ball Ab Workout Exercises[/ame]
    (laugh all you want, this kicked my ass)

Did some additional medicine ball work, and my push ups using the ball:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIu8LKTVq9I]YouTube - Medicine Ball Push-Up Variations[/ame]

30 minutes cardio on the treadmill low to high intensity (jog to sprint one minute intervals)

Just for shits and giggles 35 more regular push ups after my last sprint

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Whats your goal? Just to stay in shape or???

I need to drop 14 lbs asap... and I am getting discouraged! The worst time of year to be put on a weight hold! I will do my best to keep up with your journal... maybe it will help ME be accountable!

AM: Oatmeal
    Snack : Nonfat no whip peppermint mocha (needed a pick me up)
    Lunch: Chicken breast
    Snack : 25 cheez-its
    Dinner: whole wheat pasta

2.5 mile run
    FIGHT ON!

When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    Whats your goal? Just to stay in shape or???
    Making the state send me retirement checks for as long as possible.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    What I was really looking at was your breakfast. You could mix the banana, kiwi and carrot juice in a juicer and have a nice tasting fruit cocktail smoothie.

My wife has a similar concoction that she makes with her juicer.

4 apples, 3 carrots, 2 oranges, and 1 knob of ginger root for a little extra kick.

Run it all through the juicer. Serves 2. Or have some now and then some more later.
    That would take effort, and time away from my finger exercises!

Making the state send me retirement checks for as long as possible.
    Great goal!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    My entry for yesterday:

Exercise: 3 hours of walking

Breakfast: 1 cup of carrot juice and one banana

Lunch: 1 cup of carrot juice, 1 banana, 1 slice of cheesecake, 1 kiwi

Afternoon snack: fruit salad

Dinner: 2 brownies, 2 mandarin oranges, 1 cup of apple juice, and some grapes

Late night snack: 1 bowl of oatmeal

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information