Welcome to the APBWeb.
    luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO

Cut out beer, shots better?

Turns out no.

I have been trying to cut back on calories a bit, easiest was to quit drinking beer. (not much of a drinker to begin with though) I'm a big fan of whiskey though, I didn't think there would be much to it. To my surprise, a 1.5oz shot is 97 calories. I don't see how.

Whiskey, 80 Proof (jigger) calories and nutrition information - Food Labels - DietFacts.com

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    alcohol = calories

options?

1. drink light beer

2. Tequila is the lowest calories per oz. (35?)

3. Stop drinking

4. Change your eating habits. Cut fat grams per day to 20 or less. Include more fresh fruits and veggies instead of candy or snack cakes.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Why are you trying to cut calories? For weight loss? If so, the problem is going to be with any type of alcohol. The body metabolizes it into sugar I believe which will not bode well for any type of weight-loss regimen.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Love beer + Hate running = they cancel each other out.

So now I run five days a week on the treadmill and drink only one day a week. Usually better quality beer or sometimes some Gentleman Jack. You can't out exercise a bad diet. Minor adjustments have helped me a lot.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Why are you trying to cut calories?

More of just a half-assed diet thing. Just trying to eat better in general, so I got to looking at the calories on some things. I'm good on "meal" eating, I usually cook a low fat meat and 2 for dinner, some non-sugary cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. My main problem is with snacking. Especially since I've gone on 3rd shift. The alochol thing started when I actually looked at how many calories are in a beer. Surprised the hell outta me and I thought that just some good sippin' whiskey would be better.

I did not know that the body turned alcohol to sugar.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Whiskey is high in congeners.....

Beer is in the middle

Vodka (Good Vodka, not Mr. Belvedere) had little

Granted not low in calories but a night of Vodka verses the others, you will feel better in the morning

Vodka is roughly 65-85 calories per oz.

I personally like my microbrew, high in flavor, calories and other things to make me feel not so nice the next day. But like anything, moderation will go a long way in losing weight, instead of a 6 pack, drink 3 really fast
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Thread Information