Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: NASCAR Fans

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

NASCAR Fans

I have not watched NASCAR in years because they regulated the excitement out of it. I'm all for safety but it got to the point where it was just a bunch of cars going in a circle; drivers taking no chances, speeds lower, and NASCAR officials jumping hot on any small transgression by drivers.

Today at Daytona, bump draft is back, bigger restrictor plates are in, and NASCAR is going to lay off the drivers. Looks like race officials listened to the fans!! I'm going to give them a chance and see if I can get back into it.

Are there any other NASCAR fans here? Opinions?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Oh yeah buddy.

I'm real happy with the rule changes, and also the fact that they are going to try THREE green-white-checkered restarts to almost guarentee every race ends under green flag conditions rather than yellow flags. It could really screw some people in a fuel mileage race...but it's always better when they end under green.

They've also brought back some retro looking spoilers, and gotten rid of the stupid looking "car of tomorrow" wing.

Also, if you watch the truck series (highly recommended, they are by far the most physical series, slamming into each other constantly) they've switched to double file restarts like the other series' and are now allowing them to get gas and tires in one pit stop. With the switch the double file restarts I can only assume they'll be banging and hitting each other even more.

I really didn't watch any NASCAR last year because I got tired of watching Jimmie Johnson win. He's won the last 4 championships and regardless of rule changes or anything else they do, I'm done watching if he wins this year too. Last year every week was the "Jimmie Johnson show" and I got tired of it. Last year I stuck to our local dirt tracks, which was a blast.

Either way I'm excited for this season, and am going to give it another shot. Last season, and the season before were disappointing to me, because the rule changes, and the domination of Jimmie Johnson took a lot of the competitiveness out of the races each week. Hopefully this season will be different.

Oh yeah, give 'er hell Junior!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The invocation and National Anthem are just finishing up.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Well, it didn't take long for the first crash.

I agree on the retro look and the restarts. I really used to enjoy NASCAR and I hope it's a lot more competitive now. Some of these newer drivers might be in for a wake up call!
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Well, it didn't take long for the first crash.

I agree on the retro look and the restarts. I really used to enjoy NASCAR and I hope it's a lot more competitive now. Some of these newer drivers might be in for a wake up call!
    They actually won't be putting the new spoilers on the cars until sometime after March. They'll be doing some tests on the spoilers then look for team input before making anything official.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Well I sure picked a good one to start watching.

A pothole stopped the Daytona 500... TWICE?!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Well, other than the pothole cautions, It seemed more like old times. I think I'll try to start watching again.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Potholes? They couldn't have those squared away before the race?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6avBo0sYg[/ame]

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

NC Bullseye is offline Officer First Class
    Good race. Good winner reaction. Nice to see someone who gives the sport their all. NASCAR is trying to get it right.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I used to watch it when I was younger, but over the years it got boring. I may have to watch a race or two. i used to go to the races all the time. Now the best part is getting a pit pass before the race. LOL
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Might give it another shot.Used to love it but like Cid said---BORING,now with the rule changes,might check it out,and since the Saints won the Superbowl,maybe Mikey will even win again,--------------------NAHHHHHHH

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Hey 5-OH....where did you get the clip of the old guy putting the beat down on the thug?

Good one.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Hey 5-OH....where did you get the clip of the old guy putting the beat down on the thug?

Good one.

Car 4
    Originally found it on a car message board. It has gone viral now though. A google search of Epic Beard Man will give you tons of good stuff.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information