Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: P90X

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My work schedule is bull**** for a regular work out. I usually hit the gym at the jail since it is close to my house. I going to look at this as a viable substitute.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    there is definitely a time committment to this program...it's about an hour a day, plus whatever time you spend getting your diet in order. Since I've been doing it for more than a month, I hardly spend any time on my diet..it just all falls into place now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Verified LEO
    I haven't been keeping up regularly with the updates...sorry. Phase 3 starts tomorrow. To date, I'm down 14 pounds total and around 3 inches off my waist (that's an unofficial mark, as I never measured...but I'm in 3 notches on my gun belt and they're about an inch apart).

I feel like I kinda half-assed it a bit in Phase 2...In Phase 1, I didn't miss a single workout and was strict as a nun on my diet. In 2? Notsomuch. I missed nearly all of the Saturday Kenpo workouts (my justification is that those aren't very strenuous workouts, but you still need to do them...still important to the program), had a week of vacation where I ate/drank like a drunken hobo and had a weekend mixed in there where I ate poorly, as well. HOWEVER, I still lost 5 pounds and an inch or so off my waist. Proof to me that if you go full bore, 100% with this program, you'll see awesome results. If you goof off with it, you'll still see something happening in your body. Phase 3 is 5 weeks total....I'm going to lock my shit down and go hard (TWSS) and try to maximize my efforts. My "Completely Unrealistic, Totally Unobtainable Goal" for this program was ending at 175 lbs and a 34" waist. That's 14 lbs (probably not gonna happen) and 1" (do able, I think). We shall see, nerds. Stay tuned.
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I'm sure you can do it, your progress so far is awesome!

Emily is offline Corporal
    I ended up having shoulder surgery after a brief stint with P90X. Sounds like your bones aren't as fragile as mine (). Nice work!

Verified LEO
    BCup asked me how a drunken hobo eats. A drunken hobo consumes a lot of garbage, plus drinks cheap beer and boxed wine.

Verified LEO
    well, nerds, I am done with round 1 of P90X. Total weight lost - 25 lbs (started at 203, now at 178). I'm gonna take a bit of a break (running, pushups, pullups, situps, etc) and am having shoulder surgery later this month for a torn labrum (unrelated to X) and when I'm recovered, I'm on to round 2. It is seriously a great program...just when you lose the initial motivation, you start to notice the difference on the scale and in your clothes (hahahahaha....the diffference is in your pants!) and that gets you going even more! It is quite a committment...60-75 min a day for 6 days a week, but if you commit to the program, the program will commit to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, I'm not posting pics....I may do that after round 2! Not QUITE where I want to be showing myself all over the interweb. Yet.

incustody1015 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Good Job. I aquired a copy of the P90X and did it for 80 of the 90 days and I didn't loose much wieght however, I'm not complaining because I went from 28%bodyfat to 18% so Im very very happy. Stick to it you wont regret it. I stopped when wifey had the baby. Im starting INSANITY next then Ill go back to the X.. GREAT JOB
    INCUSTODY1015

"You know what makes me sad.... YOU DO!!! MAYBE WE SHOULD CHUG ON OVER TO MAMBE PAMBE LAND WHERE MAYBE WE COULD FIND SOME SELF-CONFIDENCE FOR YOU, YOU JACK WAGON" R. Lee Ermy (geico commercial)

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is awesome, Bob!!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Congrats buddy!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    well, nerds, I am done with round 1 of P90X. Total weight lost - 25 lbs (started at 203, now at 178). I'm gonna take a bit of a break (running, pushups, pullups, situps, etc) and am having shoulder surgery later this month for a torn labrum (unrelated to X) and when I'm recovered, I'm on to round 2. It is seriously a great program...just when you lose the initial motivation, you start to notice the difference on the scale and in your clothes (hahahahaha....the diffference is in your pants!) and that gets you going even more! It is quite a committment...60-75 min a day for 6 days a week, but if you commit to the program, the program will commit to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, I'm not posting pics....I may do that after round 2! Not QUITE where I want to be showing myself all over the interweb. Yet.
    Way to go!

Verified LEO
    thanks for the kind words, internet friends! I felt like President Camacho when I was done with it!!!!!

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    I'll be starting my P90X stint on Monday...should be interesting as I'm completely out of shape and I know it's going to kick my ass. But hey, at least you can inspire me when I'm ready to break my DVD player.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-19-10, 12:11 PM

Thread Information