Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P90X

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

P90X

so I begin this on Monday. I'm looking forward to what it can do. I've always been an exercise guy, but I haven't seen the results you'd expect from the amount of work I do, so I've felt I need some direction when it comes to which exercises, in what order, what amount, etc. Also, I've had stretches where I ate well and I've has stretches where I worked out hard...but it seems like getting those two to line up for me at the same time isasking allthe planets to align in a row at the same time. A buddy of mine from high school swears by it and he's got he photos to prove the program. We shall see....if anyone is interested, I'll provide some updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I have had friends that have done it. They say the first few weeks kick your ass! I wouldn't mind trying it. Good luck!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Good luck!

Verified LEO
    holy crap...this thing is kicking my ass! I'm seriously on day 2 and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I'm in pretty decent shape now (a little "husky", but not too bad) and I've ALWAYS been a runner, but my freaking legs are smoked from the plyometrics. I've done daily pushups for the last 18 months and STILL my chest is aching like a mofo. And the ab ripper....geez. If I can continue without dying, then I'm going to have to change my name to The Situation. More updates to come...but my initial impression is that this program is the real f-ing deal, folks!
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What did you pay for it?
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    To be honest with you, I don't exactly recall. It was one of those "4 monthly payments of $39" type of deals, but I forgot what the monthly payments were.

We did P90x in the academy, it sucked, a lot. Till we got use to it. Then it was a great work out.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

GirlInBrown is offline If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong....
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    holy crap...this thing is kicking my ass! I'm seriously on day 2 and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I'm in pretty decent shape now (a little "husky", but not too bad) and I've ALWAYS been a runner, but my freaking legs are smoked from the plyometrics. I've done daily pushups for the last 18 months and STILL my chest is aching like a mofo. And the ab ripper....geez. If I can continue without dying, then I'm going to have to change my name to The Situation. More updates to come...but my initial impression is that this program is the real f-ing deal, folks!

Bring the X! It's a good pain! But still hurts like hell....I now have P90x..PLUS...wait till the "harmless" yoga...Good work!
    " The warrior who honors the shield says, WHEN it happens, I will be ready...." Lt. Col. Grossman (Live... 9-11-07)

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlInBrown View Post
    Bring the X! It's a good pain! But still hurts like hell....I now have P90x..PLUS...wait till the "harmless" yoga...Good work!
    I've got yoga tomorrow....I was kind of looking forward to a bit of a break with it, but now I'll probably lose sleep over it!

Arkansaschl is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

P90X

I have been sort-of sticking to the program for 40 days. I have lost 13 pounds and drastically increased max push-ups and pull-ups. One point, they suggest the recovery drink and I think this stuff is miracle juice. I am not really sore at all the next day IF I drink the recovery drink immediately after working-out. It is kind-of pricey but I could not find anything on the internet or GNC that had the same nutritional info for any cheaper.

Verified LEO
    I never thought I'd say this sentence in my life, but that yoga is a major league ball buster! I've always been pretty inflexible, though, so it would be nice to feel like Gumby once in a while!

Instead of the recovery drink, I've been just doing a protein shake (with a banana, some yogurt and some V8 fruit juice) after my workout since I get up, go straight to the DVD player, drink the shake, hit the shower and go to work for the next 13ish hours every day. If I did the recovery drink, I don't think I'd be able to fit in a breakfast meal. And it is expensive.

GirlInBrown is offline If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong....
    Verified LEO
    I never thought I'd say this sentence in my life, but that yoga is a major league ball buster!

The first time I did that yoga, all that was heard at my house was WTF??? Who knew yoga was like that??? yoga and plyo.....dayum
    " The warrior who honors the shield says, WHEN it happens, I will be ready...." Lt. Col. Grossman (Live... 9-11-07)

Verified LEO
    3 weeks down....

total of 9 pounds lost thus far (my goal was 25, so I'm well on my way). Monday starts "Recovery Week 1" (every month the workouts change and there's a recovery week full of yoga and cardio and stuff like that in between the changes).

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    3 weeks down....

total of 9 pounds lost thus far (my goal was 25, so I'm well on my way). Monday starts "Recovery Week 1" (every month the workouts change and there's a recovery week full of yoga and cardio and stuff like that in between the changes).
    Way to go! At this rate, soon you'll be looking like your avatar....

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Way to go! At this rate, soon you'll be looking like your avatar....
    "I got a three point plan......"

Verified LEO
    Forgot to update on Sunday (that's my weigh-in day). 10 lbs down, 20 to go before I hit my "I Seriously Thought I Would Never Ever Ever Come Close to This Weight EVER" weight. I slacked a bit on my intake this past week, though. I eat every 3 hours (something small, typically), but because of insanity at work, I didn't get to eat my 1730, 2030 OR 2330 meals on Thursday and Friday. I didn't super over-indulge when I did finally get chow, so that's a plus...however, the 5 meal-a-day plan helps get my metabolism going, so I want to avoid doing that at all costs. The thing I'm most proud of is that I'm finally putting together a hardcore workout plan with a hardcore diet (daily - 1800 calories, 180 grams protein, 180 grams carb., 40 fat grams - AKA the 40-40-20 Plan - named so because the calories are derived from 40% protein, carbs and 20% fat). In the words of Navin R. Johnson, "Things are going to start happening to me now!"

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Good Job !!
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Forgot to update on Sunday (that's my weigh-in day). 10 lbs down, 20 to go before I hit my "I Seriously Thought I Would Never Ever Ever Come Close to This Weight EVER" weight. I slacked a bit on my intake this past week, though. I eat every 3 hours (something small, typically), but because of insanity at work, I didn't get to eat my 1730, 2030 OR 2330 meals on Thursday and Friday. I didn't super over-indulge when I did finally get chow, so that's a plus...however, the 5 meal-a-day plan helps get my metabolism going, so I want to avoid doing that at all costs. The thing I'm most proud of is that I'm finally putting together a hardcore workout plan with a hardcore diet (daily - 1800 calories, 180 grams protein, 180 grams carb., 40 fat grams - AKA the 40-40-20 Plan - named so because the calories are derived from 40% protein, carbs and 20% fat). In the words of Navin R. Johnson, "Things are going to start happening to me now!"

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is great!!

Verified LEO
    thanks, buddies!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-19-10, 12:11 PM

Thread Information