Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Local is offline Alright meow, hand over your license
    Verified LEO
    Jenna, how did I know you would pick up on that?
    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Local" on Officerresource.com.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    Jenna, how did I know you would pick up on that?

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    If you went for two hours without food, you'd look like a walking skeleton. Fucker.

I vote that all of us that want to lose weight should somehow manage to give it to pgg.
    If I went 2 hours without food I would starve to death

As for the other. I would burn it off pretty quickly. Of course to do that I would have to charge a fee for the service

......and we still look at PGG and wonder where it all goes. I guess some of us are blessed with high metabolisms. I am 5'10" and 165 lbs. I can pretty much eat whatever I want, whenever I want and never gain a pound. I am fairly active at work, with lots of walking and lifting things, so I tend to burn it off as well.

Now my wife, on the other hand, all she has to do is look at food and she gains weight. She is two inches shorter than me but yet she is pushing 200 lbs, and NOT happy about that.

All I can say is to eat healthy and properly, and to keep the exercise or activity rate up. Over time the weight will come off. Do not expect results overnight, and stay with it.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

serpico155 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    JUST RETIRE..WORKED 45 LBS AND 4 INCNES IN THE Waist for me !

DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I am doing a local "medical weight loss" program with Medical Weight Loss Solutions. I took the B6/B12/Lipo shots for a month along with a very doable eating program, and I've dropped 20+ pounds in a month. I'm also ramping up my exercise regimen and plan to get into CrossFit soon. I hope to lose another 30 pounds before I'm real happy, and would really like to drop 40 or 50 more.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    CrossFit huh. Your body will thank you for losing some more weight first, specifically your knees. Check out thrusters on the CF site to see what I mean. That and being able to do any number of some of the movements. Seeing as how we are roughly the same build I am not making the mistake I have made in the past. I am going to get to my goal weight of 200lbs using cardio, calisthenics, and diet. I will worry about getting iron moving strong again when I am actually fit (not that I can't move some now as is). That smart phone app I listed above is working. I had a "bad" day today and finished at 99% of my daily calorie allowance.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

serpico155 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    DO WHAT I DID ..JUST RETIRE AND LOOSE 45 LBS IN 7 MONTHS WITHOUT TRYING ...LEVELED OFF FINALLY A T ABOUT 193LBS

Code6 is offline Beep,Beep!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    If you went for two hours without food, you'd look like a walking skeleton. Fucker.

I vote that all of us that want to lose weight should somehow manage to give it to pgg.

Yea! What she said!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it really is all about?

Police others as you would have them Police you.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Code6 View Post
    Yea! What she said!
    I can't help it if I'm hungry
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Code6 is offline Beep,Beep!!!
    Verified LEO
    The meal replacement shakes, may help the weight loss get started, but improving your diet and increasing regular exercise is what it really takes. I have given up drinking all soda pop, however I didn't give up caffiene. I drink ice tea and coffee. I refuse to drink Starbucks. I have adopted a Mediterranean diet...Google it. Because I work nights and find that if I don't eat something before I go to sleep in the morning I'll wake up at noon with a pounding head ache. I tried the meal replacement shakes and found they tasted like crap. SOOOO, I bought I really big container of EAS vanilla protein shake. I rotate using water, skim milk, and coconut milk for the shake. I always add fresh fruit of some kind and sometimes nuts or flax seed.

Here are a two of my favorite shake recipes.

one scoop EAS powder, 1 1/4 cup of skim milk, one banana, handful of frozen mango chunks. Blend

one scoop EAS powder, one cup coconut milk, one whole naval orange peeled, handful ice cubes. Blend

I can't say that I have lost a bunch of weight, because I haven't been able to stick to a regular schedule to get the number of workouts I need per week. However, I haven't gained a bunch of weight. I did lose about 4 pounds just from giving up the soda pop and increasing my H2O intake.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it really is all about?

Police others as you would have them Police you.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    + a million on the EAS. EAS Myoplex Lite Cookies and Cream being sipped on right now. 2 packets =

360 calories
    4g fat
    38g carbs
    50g protien

12% of my daily calories. I mixed both of the packets with water in one container and I just drink on it during the first part of my shift. It is delicious.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serpico155 View Post
    DO WHAT I DID ..JUST RETIRE AND LOOSE 45 LBS IN 7 MONTHS WITHOUT TRYING ...LEVELED OFF FINALLY A T ABOUT 193LBS
    Wow, that's amazing! Gives everyone something to look forward to!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Wow, that's amazing! Gives everyone something to look forward to!
    Yep, just wait until I get down to 193 lbs
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Maybe everyone gets to 193 lbs upon retirement, regardless of what you started out with!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Your dog weighs more than you do.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    I second (or third?) Weight Watchers. Worked great for me before I got preggo with the second kid. I haven't gone back yet, but I've got the basics, so I figure that's good enough, right?

I was going to start P90X last Monday...I did one day and said "eff that". I'm just not ready. So, I'm doing the Slim in 6 series first. So far, so good. Just keep moving and that'll help a lot.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This is what I'm talking about:

Breakfast
    Fat 2.34g Carbs 33.44g Protiein 26.49g Calories 240
    1 cup balls Cantaloupe Melons 2 - 0.34 14.44 1.49 60
    1 serving Myoplex Lite Nutrition Shake cookies and cream 6 20 2.00 19.00 25.00 180

Lunch 21 80 14.00 65.00 65.00 590
    2 servings 2% American Cheese Singles 4 20 6.00 4.00 8.00 100
    1 serving Myoplex Lite Nutrition Shake cookies and cream 6 20 2.00 19.00 25.00 180
    2 servings SHAVED MESQUITE TURKEY * 4 40 2.00 2.00 16.00 100
    2 servings Spicy Brown Mustard 0 - - - - 10
    4 servings Whitewheat Healthy White Bread 7 - 4.00 40.00 16.00 200

Dinner 6 20 2.00 19.00 25.00 180

Snacks / Other 20 - - 15.60 3.60 570
    6 servings Ultra Light Beer 20 - - 15.60 3.60 570
    Day Summary:
    56%
    of RDI*
    (1580 calories)

* Based on your RDI of 2800 calories (20 Jul 10)
    Calorie Breakdown:
    Carbohydrate (34%) Green
    Fat (10%) Yellow
    Protein (56%) Red

Combine this with a 20 min 6 mph run and some calisthenics and I'm rocking the house.

All calculations by the Calorie Counter App and Cadio Trainer apps on my phone. Awesome stuff.

Calorie counter:

Cardio Trainer:

Local is offline Alright meow, hand over your license
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    6 servings Ultra Light Beer
    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Local" on Officerresource.com.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Weight Watchers Lost 13# so far...easy to do...eat what you want...just have to track what you eat. Going to ramp up the running...going to try a half marathon in Sept...with one of the other girls at work. We shall see if I can still walk after that
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Wouldnt that be UP to 193#??

Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information