Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    As of Thursday morning I still get to keep my 2% Fit Pay and get an extra paid off day.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD View Post
    Nice 121.
    Frankly, I think if someone tracked the numbers, the guys who work out regularly seem to have fewer injuries on duty than the ones who don't.
    Apparently it doesn't work in your case , shit magnet.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Apparently it doesn't work in your case , shit magnet.

Yeah - well, not counting teeth and sensitive fleshy areas. I didn't lose work time on any of those.
    Idiot

SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Fit test every six months. Up for grabs is 2% on top of your base pay and 8 hours of fit time (paid leave).
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    As of Thursday morning I still get to keep my 2% Fit Pay and get an extra paid off day.
    What does your test consist of?

Ours is a car push, run, small obstacle course, run, and dummy drag. It's easy, but makes sure you can climb fences, get over walls, under stuff, through a window, etc.

Then of course we have to fight 13 ninjas and a midgett with a chainsaw. All while armed only with a plastic spoon. That part's a bitch.
    Idiot

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Cooper Standards for pushups, sit ups, vertical jump, and 1.5 run or 1 mile walk(V02 Max by age, weight, heart rate).

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

incustody1015 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Our agency has 1 main gym at our main office and several of the district offices has smaller gyms.. they are all maintained very well. We have 2 full time civilian fitness trainers who put on classes (nutrition, kettle ball, weight train, etc etc). Our training division has just recently (over the past 2 yrs) incorporated a "fit test" as part of our anual training. However it is not something they keep track of but it has opened alot of eyes for some of our more "robust" deputies. I consider myself very fortunate to work for the agency I work for... (I'm not butt kissing either )... We can workout as part of our dinner break but not on-duty as of yet. Our union is working on it.
    INCUSTODY1015

"You know what makes me sad.... YOU DO!!! MAYBE WE SHOULD CHUG ON OVER TO MAMBE PAMBE LAND WHERE MAYBE WE COULD FIND SOME SELF-CONFIDENCE FOR YOU, YOU JACK WAGON" R. Lee Ermy (geico commercial)

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I got my 2% this morning (same agency and test as Five-0)... As it stands we must pass at 60% performance (regular department standard for any deputy who wished to test) to stay on the tac team, but in the fall we will be required to make an 80% or better showing. Somehow my fat ass pushed out an all around 90% today, so I'm good for another 6 months.

I think offering on duty workout time would make a world of difference in physical fitness across the board in law enforcement, and I know it would for me.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just a team atmosphere for the workouts would be huge. Getting paid for attending would just be gravy. Ask any fireman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information