Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: P90X, Round 2

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

P90X, Round 2

Well, I'm done rehabbing from my shoulder surgery, so I'm starting on Round 2 of P90X tomorrow, with a bit of a twist: I'm doing "Doubles," which is P90XSpeak for doing the hard routines in the morning and hard cardio in the evening (I won't be doing their cardio...I'll be running. Mon/Thurs - distance running; Tue/Fri - 300m Sprints). I'll try to update here if anyone cares (if you haven't noticed I haven't exactly been O/R Postey McGee lately, though...life is busy!), but I'll try to update even more on my twitter feed. If you wanna follow me, shoot me a PM (I don't just let everyone partake in my pearls of wisdom!) and I'll hook you up.

I start at 182 lbs with a 34" waist and 11.9% body fat. My goals are 165lbs, 32" waist and sub 10% body fat. I'm planning on working twice as hard as the first time, but I'm tweaking the nutrition a bit so I can hopefully can shift focus from total weight loss to a 50/50 split of weight loss and putting on muscle. I don't wanna get too far below 165, as I may blow away in a stiff wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Of course we care, Postey McGee! Good luck to you.

Verified LEO
    Of course we care
    sure you care. but do you care enough........................ .......to finally sign on to Facebook??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

Verified LEO
    Round 2/Phase 1/Day 1 in the books....I really forgot how hard this workout can be. But if you're thinking of trying it out, don't be discouraged! It's as hard as you make it (TWSS). Tomorrow is Plyo day which can be a SERIOUS monster and leave you sore for a while. I may (just for this week) go 75% so that I may be able to walk the rest of this week (that's what I did on the Ab Ripper today...I did 15 reps instead of 25 because I want to be able to do it on Wednesday again!).

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I did a mile and a half run last week, thats enough exercise for one month
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ryan701 is offline Officer First Class
    How do you like the P90X? I heard that it kicks your ass?

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan701 View Post
    How do you like the P90X? I heard that it kicks your ass?
    I love it....I did it for the first time earlier this year and had great results (lost 25 lbs, 4-5 inches off my waist, etc). It is defnitely kicking my ass this week (the soreness is pretty bad the first week...you just have to work through it..it gets better). If you can commit the time (1hr - 1.25 hours a day/6 days a week) and follow the nutrition plan, it's a great deal.

Ryan701 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I love it....I did it for the first time earlier this year and had great results (lost 25 lbs, 4-5 inches off my waist, etc). It is defnitely kicking my ass this week (the soreness is pretty bad the first week...you just have to work through it..it gets better). If you can commit the time (1hr - 1.25 hours a day/6 days a week) and follow the nutrition plan, it's a great deal.
    That's awesome! And, that's not any more time that I would already be spending at the gym.

Verified LEO
    week 2 is nearly done. Didn't do yoga on Thursday (I watched the little fella while the wife ran some errands..she was supposed to be back in time for me to do it before an off-duty job, but she is the worst time manager in the world and forgot to come home on time) and I didn't get to Legs/Back today (pretty much the exact same scenario as what made me miss yoga the day before), but I'm gonna do the legs/back on Saturday in lieu of the weak-ass Kenpo. Weigh-in in a few hours..although I'm not really concerned with the weight that much...I'd like to get down another 12-14 lbs, but if I stayed at my current weight of 179 and just burned the fat and replaced it with muscle, I wouldn't be all that disappointed. I've noticed my metabolism is running a bit slow, so on the advice of a trainer friend of mine, I'm increasing my intake to 2500 calories (from 1800...the same percentages of protein, carbs and fat) for a week and then back down to 1800 to see if that jolts my "internal engine" into burning more efficiently.

Verified LEO
    Saturday weigh-in: 177 lbs. Down another 2. Just gotta keep on keepin' on....

Thread Information