Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Supreme 90 Day Workout

From what I understand, it's similar to P90X but far more reasonably priced. I just started it a couple of weeks ago and was pleased to note that I did not collapse and die during some of the more intense workouts. I've also been losing 2.2 lbs per week on average by following the program and Weight Watchers. I'm not trying to get "ripped," I just want to get rid of a little extra BC.

There's going to be maybe a 4-5 day stretch where I won't be able to stick to the program, but I will be getting other forms of less intense exercise each day (walking, bike riding, and using whatever fitness equipment is available) plus it's going to be a bit of a challenge to stick to my food plan.

My question to those fitness gurus among us, or to those who have done Supreme 90 or P90X is this - how much of a "setback" is it if you're forced to miss a few days of the program?

Also, to those who used the P90X - were you happy with the results and/or did you meet your goal in the time frame you expected?

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I have not personally tried P90X but I have been totally amazed at our IT guy. He did it and lost about 40 lbs. he really toned up too. He is sticking with it and he continues to lose weight. His overall appearance looks healthier and even his attitude has changed for the better.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I was very happy with the P90X results, and bear i mind that because I blew my shoulder out 2/3rds of the way though, I didn't even finish in 90 consecutive days (more like 120). I'm doing it again now with a goal of doing the whole thing in 90 days.

As far as missing days, basically just put your program on hold and pick up where you left off. On those days, make sure to squeeze some exercise in and attempt to be somewhat careful about what you eat.

The main advice I'd give someone (and it sounds like you're doing it) is that for a program to be effective, there HAS to be both an exercise program AND a diet. You cannot have results with only 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Thanks, guys! That's very encouraging!

A3148 is offline Office Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I have heard that that workout program is really good but it’s hard to stick with just because of the intense workouts. I have thought about giving it a try myself just have to make sure I have the time to commit to it.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by A3148 View Post
    I have heard that that workout program is really good but itís hard to stick with just because of the intense workouts. I have thought about giving it a try myself just have to make sure I have the time to commit to it.
    they are pretty intense...I find myself not being motivated today, but I'm trying to focus on how good I'll feel when I actually do it.
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

A3148 is offline Office Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    they are pretty intense...I find myself not being motivated today, but I'm trying to focus on how good I'll feel when I actually do it.
    I guess my problem is getting motivated about any workout that early in the morning, too many meetings at night to workout any other time than when I first get up. However, I know everyday I donít workout someone else doesÖ

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by A3148 View Post
    I have heard that that workout program is really good but itís hard to stick with just because of the intense workouts. I have thought about giving it a try myself just have to make sure I have the time to commit to it.
    I don't know about the length of the workouts on P90X, but so far the Supreme 90 Day have been roughly 30-40 minutes each. I try to do them at the same time each day but that's not always possible.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I was very happy with the P90X results, and bear i mind that because I blew my shoulder out 2/3rds of the way though, I didn't even finish in 90 consecutive days (more like 120). I'm doing it again now with a goal of doing the whole thing in 90 days.

As far as missing days, basically just put your program on hold and pick up where you left off. On those days, make sure to squeeze some exercise in and attempt to be somewhat careful about what you eat.

The main advice I'd give someone (and it sounds like you're doing it) is that for a program to be effective, there HAS to be both an exercise program AND a diet. You cannot have results with only 1.
    I had to put the whole thing on hold for 5 days in a row because I was out of town, but in those days I did get other types of exercise each day although it was really, really difficult to stick to my diet while I was gone. Not because good options weren't available, but because I didn't always make the best choices.

However, I discovered today that I have lost one whopping pound since last week. It could be a fluke, although I always wear exactly the same clothing when I step on the scale. I was afraid, though, that I'd started to negate the work that I've done so far...so I'm going to be happy about that one pound loss.

Verified LEO
    how's it comin? I'm 2 days from finishing phase 1 of P90X (the first month)...

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    :sheep:

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    :sheep:
    where do you find these things?!?!?!?!?!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    where do you find these things?!?!?!?!?!
    The :sheep: was specially designed for me! I can get a workout just by looking at these emoticons! :wave2: :ringrosey:

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    :ringrosey:
    circle jerk?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    circle jerk?
    Better than a square dance!

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    how's it comin? I'm 2 days from finishing phase 1 of P90X (the first month)...
    Yay for you!!!

I've been sticking to it every day and on the "rest" days I go walking. So far, so good. This week I'm down an additional 2.8 lbs. I took measurements before I started the program and I'm waiting another couple of weeks before I take them again, I think some clothes are fitting differently but I'm not sure if that's just wishful thinking or not.

Doing the pike on the stability ball is tough, I can't keep up with the dvd on those.....I hate those days.

Thread Information