Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by copboy View Post
    Right now I'm on a great weight loss plan......its called Cancer. I know that might sound wrong but If feel that if you can't make light of the situation you are loosing the battle. Prior to my diagnosis I was doing P90x but I have found that my energy level is just not up to it. I get my work out by chasing my kids around and doing a good bit of walking. My eating habits have also changed a bit leaning more to the healthy choices. The one thing I miss is a good fresh salad. I cant eat fresh veggies ( even well cleaned ) due to the chance of bacteria.
    I hope you can switch back to P90x instead of cancer soon!

copboy is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I hope you can switch back to P90x instead of cancer soon!
    Thanks me too. I know I will be able to in about 6 months. Having a positive attitude is a big part of getting better and getting in shape for that matter.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Thanks me too. I know I will be able to in about 6 months. Having a positive attitude is a big part of getting better and getting in shape for that matter.
    You certainly have a wonderfully positive attitude, copboy!

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I spend all day chasing the little woman trying to get some
    Yeah, but this one has consequences, or I must be doing it wrong...
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Verified LEO
    Keep that attitude bro, you will make it.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Found another way to stay in shape. If I spring for one of these kayaks, I'll be in the market for a wet suit too just to make it a year round toy:

http://apbweb.com/forums/squad-room-...-hooked-47296/

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

copboy is offline Officer First Class
    My father who is 60 years old took up Geocashing. He started out just doing normal cashes but got involved with a group that does all kinds. On several occasions he has climbed trees, gone down in tunnles, and even had to use a kayak to get to one on an island. There are even ones that require you to repell or climb cliffs. It is a good out door activity that he has found provides lots of exercise as well as a mental work out at the same time.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    Keep that attitude bro, you will make it.

+1
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    Yeah, but this one has consequences, or I must be doing it wrong...
    I didn't say anything about catching her
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I didn't say anything about catching her
    So THAT's what I'm doing wrong!

GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO
    Currently I'm gaining weight...

But lifting these weights *should* make that more muscle than fat. I eat every two hours right now, probably over 4,000 kcals a day.

After I stall out on the program I'm on, I plan to hit up Crossfit to lean back down.

Rinse and repeat.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

cfallsguy is offline Rookie
    I was looking into P90X but for the price I didn't want to be disappointed if it wasn't worth it. And for those of you who work out at home, any good sites to follow for workouts? I've been just mixing it up everytime I work a muscle group but not 100% sure how to go about it. I've been doing 3 sets of about 8 reps for every workout (minus pushups) and trying to make it so the last rep is almost failure. Thanks for all the input so far.

And as others have said, copboy, that's a great attitude to have in your situation.

K9Copper is offline If i'm here, he's here
    Verified LEO
    Crossfit and added heavy weight training. Just stick to something, because something is better then nothing.
    Flush em and find em.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cfallsguy View Post
    I was looking into P90X but for the price I didn't want to be disappointed if it wasn't worth it. And for those of you who work out at home, any good sites to follow for workouts? I've been just mixing it up everytime I work a muscle group but not 100% sure how to go about it. I've been doing 3 sets of about 8 reps for every workout (minus pushups) and trying to make it so the last rep is almost failure. Thanks for all the input so far.
    A friend of mine bought me a book of exercise routines for my birthday. Before that, I was either copying workouts from muscle & fitness or adapting workouts that I did back in the academy.

I've thought about P90X, haven't tried it because of the price. I keep hearing good reviews for it, though, so I may cough up the cash one of these months.

I agree with K9Copper, anything is better than nothing. I've been working on putting more variety in my workouts lately.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by K9Copper View Post
    Crossfit and added heavy weight training. Just stick to something, because something is better then nothing.
    This. Great advice.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information