Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Penn State fires Joe Paterno and university president as school continues to cope with sex-abuse scandal

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Penn State’s board of trustees Wednesday fired legendary football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier amid growing outrage over how the school dealt with child-sex-abuse allegations against a former assistant coach.

The stunning shake-up came hours after Paterno announced that he would retire at the end of this season, his 46th as head coach of one of college football’s premier programs.

But the outcry after the arrest of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky on sex abuse charges proved too much for the board to ignore.
    Penn State fires Joe Paterno, school president as school continues to cope with sex-abuse scandal | NJ.com

keith720 is online now Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    If he knew about it and did nothing about it, and I was the victim at any time during his tenure, I'd be living in his house and driving his car after the court was done with him!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    This is supposedly the Grand Jury report. It is sickening.

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.co...resentment.pdf
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information