Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Odd objects stuck in odder places

In their new book, Stuck Up!, the doctors, along with their colleague Dr. Marty Sindhian, present X-rays (enhanced, so readers can view them better), collected over the years, that detail the "rectal foreign bodies" that patients have come to the emergency room to treat — as well as the tall tales they have offered ER doctors as explanation.
    This patient said he had brought his knife along on an ocean fishing trip, to cut bait and clean his catch. How did it end up in this unexpected tail? "I was fishing, and I must have fallen asleep and rolled around on the ground where the knife was. Next thing I knew, I had this knife in me," he said, according to the authors.

Turns out, watches can survive in the body intact, without doing permanent damage to the watch or the body. This watch, above, was actually ingested, not inserted (swallowing watches was more common at the turn of the century, when they weren't attached to wristbands). In fact, ingested foreign bodies are on the whole more common than inserted ones, the authors note
    It's not clear what the target was here, but thanks to human anatomy, it probably didn't take much for this sharp shooter to get the gun just where he wanted it: the rectum is actually curved, just like the shape of a pistol. Let's just hope it wasn't loaded.

Read more: Body Storage: The Odd Objects People Ingest and Insert into Their Bodies - - TIME Healthland

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Yikes!
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We had a guy when I worked for the County that we called "TuPak" because of his ability to fit 2 whole packs of cigarettes up his butt.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Sam
    Sam is offline I do not like green eggs and ham.
    gives new meaning to walking like you have a stick up your ass.

Thread Information