Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Weight loss smartphone app

I found an app called Lose It! which works as a calorie and exercise calculator. I've been using it for a week, and it helps a lot. It's free. You enter in age, height, weight, and your goal weight. It gives you a couple options as far as calorie totals and a timeline, and won't calculate for anything more than two pounds a week. It has all kinds of foods to choose from, including restaurant foods (Holy cow, a Wendy's triple Baconator has 1330 calories!) and you can not only enter in your own recipes but you can scan barcodes as well. It was a massive wake up call for me. You do have to be honest and enter in even things like salad dressing, but it's accurate as near as I can figure by checking against nutrition labels.

The exercise portion is a bit trickier, (according to the app I'm doing something wrong in the bedroom as I KNOW I burn more calories than that!) but it's got all kinds of physical activity including house cleaning, yard work, aerobics and walking, as well as things like broomball (?!?) and jai alai. If for some bizarre reason you can't find your activities in the list, you can add custom exercise.

The exercise gets credited against your calorie intake, and it keeps track of your net calories. You enter in your weight whenever you weigh, and it helps keep you on track for your weight loss goal. I love the calorie meter, which shows you how much you've eaten vs your daily intake allotment.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    (Holy cow, a Wendy's triple Baconator has 1330 calories!)
    Or unholy pig, as the case may be!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    It sounds like a good app to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    I..... as well as things like broomball (?!?)......
    As a side note, I know someone who plays on a broomball league.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Adding it! THanks Ducky!
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Compare it to this one Ducky:

Fat Secret:
    https://market.android.com/details?i....android&hl=en

Also sending you a PM.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Compare it to this one Ducky:

Fat Secret:
    https://market.android.com/details?i....android&hl=en

Also sending you a PM.
    This app looks like it might be a little more involved than the one I use, but overall they seem to be about equal.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Limit sugar and simple carbs. Sugar is the key though. I have that above app set to track my sugar intake.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    and on the same subject, if you're looking for an app for just nutrition tracking, i use the myfitnesspal app for iPhone. you can also access your profile at www.myfitnesspal.com and you can set your parameters as much as you want. For instance, some people are only watching calories, so it'll do that. But others have specific ratios of protein/carbs/fat that they adhere to, and this will caluclate that, as well. Best of all, their giant database has pretty much any commerically available food (both stuff from grocery stores and pretty much any restaurant I can find), so you're almost always able to find the nutrition info quickly and easily (gone are the days of sitting down with a pen and paper and trying to figure out how many calories per bowl of chili that you made)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Thread Information