Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Cool My Talladega Day

Finally got to hit the track today for my father-in-law's late Christmas present. Got him and I 6 laps each driving a Nascar stock car on the Talladega Super Speed Way. A 2.66 mile tri-oval track an hour away from my house. It is also the fastest track on the Nascar circuit. You do not use the brakes and you do not let off of the gas. You do wear a shit eating grin all the way around the track though.

If you are interested it is worth every penny. God bless divorces because I got these two passes at 50% off from a soon to be ex-husband co-worker that "didn't want that damn bitch to get them back".

Talladega Superspeedway Racing Experience, Talladega Superspeedway School Dates | Dale Jarrett RA

Here are a few pics from today. They will be mailing me my in car video in a few weeks.

Some of the orientation:

My ride for the day:

Shake and Bake baby!!!

173.23mph:

From the 6 lap group that was the fastest speed and my best lap was 59.70, also the best of that group.

The rest are pictures of pictures, sorry.

Yep 6'1" and 225 fits just fine:

Fap fap fap fap fap fap!!!!!

Top speed:

After 3 laps of getting comfortable it was go time. I have no doubt that with more laps I would have gotten smoother and faster. By the end I was not working and fighting the car:

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is online now Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Five-0, you went fast!! That is very cool.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Congrats!! That is a bucket list item for me.

(Do we need to start calling you Ricky-Bobby now?)
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Congrats!! That is a bucket list item for me.

(Do we need to start calling you Ricky-Bobby now?)

That's El Diablo to you.

That six lap package is only $435, DO IT!!!!!!!

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post

That six lap package is only $435, DO IT!!!!!!!
    I was much better off thinking it was more expensive than that. Might have to..
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would recommend you upgrading to the 10 laps. If I ever decide to do it again that is the fewest I will do.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Glad you survived!

Pudge is offline Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Dude...you know how jealous I am...I don't even have to say it. That's absolutely kick ass.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Dude...you know how jealous I am...I don't even have to say it. That's absolutely kick ass.
    No governors, no kill switch, just hand signals. If you look comfortable you keep getting the thumbs up. Find out what round trip air to B'ham is + your package. Stay here and I'll drive you there and back from my place and the airport.

Pudge is offline Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    No governors, no kill switch, just hand signals. If you look comfortable you keep getting the thumbs up. Find out what round trip air to B'ham is + your package. Stay here and I'll drive you there and back from my place and the airport.

Hmmm....damn. And I was looking at a sweet deal on a Stag AR model 2 through Takedown Tactical until you said that. Crap. You're killing me.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Until my in car video gets sent to me this one will have to do:

Dale Jarrett Racing on Travel Channel's Extreme Adventures - YouTube

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    And you brought it home without a scratch. Tony wishes he did that with his #14

GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO
    I'm hitting up Little Talladega in March.

You have to actually turn right on that one.

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    What a run!

Buddy of mine did Texas Motorspeedway, and has been on me to do it ever since. Maybe one of these days.
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    when I was 13, the Ferrari Club of America had their get-together at the speedway in Ennis, Texas and my dad's buddy just so happened to own a 308 GTSI Quattro. Such a fun weekend of riding in a superfast car around a track that was half speedway, half roadcourse. It was seriously mindblowing. the best was when Carl Lewis (yes, THAT Carl Lewis) wrecked out his Testarossa and was like "I don't really give a shit."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Five-0, time to campaign for sponsors and get a pit crew together!
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    Five-0, time to campaign for sponsors and get a pit crew together!
    If it was a possibility I would hang up the duty gear yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by GunmetalGray View Post
    I'm hitting up Little Talladega in March.

You have to actually turn right on that one.

I would like that even more. Time and money are the only things keeping me from getting a racing license at the Barber Motor Sports Park that is even closer to me than Talladega.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    when I was 13, the Ferrari Club of America had their get-together at the speedway in Ennis, Texas and my dad's buddy just so happened to own a 308 GTSI Quattro. Such a fun weekend of riding in a superfast car around a track that was half speedway, half roadcourse. It was seriously mindblowing
    I think the Ferrari Club will always be out of my price range. However, the Porsche Club will not be. My father-in-law is in it now with an older 914. http://ala.pca.org/PCA_Alabama_Region/Home.html He is looking to cash out some retirement funds and get into a Boxster. With one of my contacts in Georgia I will at least get him into a Boxster S or a Cayman.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    OMG.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO
    Five-O, if you have a track-worthy car, PM me. I can get you on with us for $150, no license required. Race all day.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GunmetalGray View Post
    Five-O, if you have a track-worthy car, PM me. I can get you on with us for $150, no license required. Race all day.
    Not now. Spent boocoo money on a CrewMax Tundra for hauling the fam around for now. Granted I may borrow my father-in-law's upcoming Porsche purchase from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information