Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Introducing ChrisFit

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sorry for my tardiness, this is my late week to work so I didn't get started till 8pm last night.

“Pick Your Poison”

Pick ONE:

Stretch & Warmup

5K run for time (best effort)
    -For every 5 minutes of work do 10 bodyweight squats and 5 burpees.

OR

Classic Bodybuilding Cycle:

Stretch and Warm Up

Objective 1:

Buy in – max reps(burnout) 135lb bench press.

10 rounds - Bench press x 3 (hard but sustainable for super set)

Buy out – max reps(burnout) 135 lb bench press - followed by pushups till burnout.

**If you can’t do bench(Robertson) sub in strict military press and adjust weights**

Objective 2:

4 Rounds

Bigfoot’s Bicep Breakfast (see Stu for demo)
    Box(chair) dips x 20

Objective 3:

Curl burnout w/ 45 pound barbell (max effort)
    Shoulder sweep complex (don’t rush) (see Stu for demo)

I did the second poison, took just over an hour. The goal is not time, but muscle failure. Mission accomplished.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    The goal is not time, but muscle failure. Mission accomplished.[/COLOR]
    :sheep:

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    To make up for yesterday's late workout:

“Oops - I Just Smoked Myself”

Warm Up:

Unloaded Barbell Complex(With unloaded 45lb bar - 6 unbroken reps of each exercise – deadlift, bent over row, hang clean, front squat, push press, back squat. Treat the entire battery as a super set with no rest)
    50M run

Instructions: These are one shot, one kill exercises. There is no timer – you are pushing for personal best. Each exercise will be performed for max repetitions. If your rhythm is broken, you bonk, or you stop to rest – you are done with that exercise and you move to the run. Push until true physical muscle failure – if you cheat, you only cheat yourself.

Perform in order – NO REST.

Box Jump
    Full Tracen Parking Lot Run(400-500M)
    Push Press (M = 75lb/ W = 55lb)
    Run
    Dumbbell Thruster(M = 10lb/W = 5lb each hand)
    Run
    Sumo Dead Lift High Pull(75/55) (Wide stance, close grip, deadlift from ground and straighten to pull bar under chin)
    Run
    Burpees until failure/bonk

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    THURS 5/3

Core/Durability

Warm Up

5 min consecutive Turkish Getups (M 30-45lb/W 8-15lb)

Objective

10 Rounds (no timer)

Superman Crunch x 10
    CPR Crunch x 10
    Full Sit Up x 10
    HALO’s x 10
    Toe Tappers x 10

Cool Down - 2 Rounds

Stretching – 10 seconds each - standing hang, sitting hamstring, butterfly, cobra, downward dog, cat/cow, shoulder complex. (Don’t rush through stretching – you need this as much as you need the workout.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been asked for explanations:

Turkish Get ups = flat on back with dumbbell locked out vertically over chest. Go from lying down to standing in the statue of liberty position while keeping the dumbbell locked out overhead the entire time - lie back down to accomplish one rep. Tip: Keep eyes on dumbbell(up)and don't use too much weight if you're not used to this movement.

Superman crunch = lying flat on back arms straight overhead in line w/ body. Crunch and swing arms partially up.

CPR = Arms in Chest compression position perpendicular to body. Crunch upward like doing a compression.

Halo's = lie on stomach and lift arms and legs into freefall HALO/skydive position for 3 sec each rep.

Toe tappers = feet together, bend at waist, straight leg toe touch - slowly stand and touch hands to chest - and extend arms over head to Superman stretch position and back down is 1.

The stretches are all common Yoga style poses. If you have questions and aren’t around to see a demo then watch YouTube for technique explanation.

Peace.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Also have the BFF workout and weekend assignment:

BLUE FALCON FRIDAY!

FRI 5/4

“The Filthy Fifty”

FOR TIME

50 Box Jumps
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Dumbbell swings, 35 lb
    50 Steps Walking Lunges
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Dumbbell Thrusters, 20lb each hand
    50 Burpee Broad Jumps (Monkey Jump + Burpee)

Weekend Assignment!

Run! (easy pace / work out the kinks)

Asphalt – 45 min

Or

Trail – 30 min

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The filthy fifty was STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!! 41 minutes.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5-7-12

Short but Painful

Warm up: I did a 1000m row, so do a light run and shoulder exercises etc...

Max rounds in 3 minutes of:

135/75 pound clean and press. 3 reps
    6 Push-ups
    9 Squats (body weight)

Warm up consisted of an 8 min mile

Then I realized that the workout was 5 rounds of the above and not just a balls out as many as you can do in three minutes. So....

Only counted full rounds. The last two were just two full rounds. The last ten minutes of this were just like the title said, painful.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5-8-12

4 rounds:

20 wall balls
    20 burpees
    20 40lb/20lb shoulder press, no legs strict.

24:42

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5-9-12

50 - 95lb Clean & Press
    50 - Push Ups
    50 - Mountain Climbers
    25 - 95lb Clean & Press
    40 - Mountain Climbers
    25 - Push Ups
    10 - 95lb Clean
    20 - Mountain Climbers
    10 - Push Ups

20:42

Not required, but got a wild hair and ran a quick 8 min mile on the track afterwards.

5-10-12:

Run 1mile
    7 rounds:
    15 - (50 lb men 35lb women) db swings
    30 - step up lunges (each leg)

Had training in Tuscaloosa today so I didn't hit this one. Have no fear BFF is tomorrow.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    BFF

Buy in – max reps(burnout) 135lb bench press.

10 rounds - Bench press x 3 (hard but sustainable for super set)

Buy out – max reps(burnout) 135 lb bench press - followed by pushups till burnout.

**If you can’t do bench(Robertson) sub in strict military press and adjust weights**

Objective 2:

4 Rounds

Bigfoot’s Bicep Breakfast (see Stu for demo)
    Box(chair) dips x 20

Objective 3:

Curl burnout w/ 45 pound barbell (max effort)
    Shoulder sweep complex (don’t rush) (see Stu for demo)

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5-14-12

4 Rounds:

10 @ 90lb land mines
    15 GHD sit ups (try to touch floor)
    10 burbees
    20 front squats w/45lb plate (keep it parallel to deck)
    10 shoot through w/parallettes.

If you don’t have parallettes, knock out some pushups and dips.

29:04

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5/15/12

20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6 Reps:

Box jumps
    DB hang clean & press 40/20
    butterfly abs.

Box jumps are with full extension at top. Press is strict, with lock out at top and no legs.

24:20

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I missed this one due to case load:

5/16/12

Sets of 21-15-9

L pull ups (raise your legs till body is shaped like an L and do pull ups)
    25lb weighted back extenstions
    40lb kettlebell swings

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5/17/12

3 Rounds:
    25 dead lifts @ 185/115
    run 400 m
    20 barbell abs

22:35

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Got busy around here the last couple of days but we got back on the wagon Tuesday.

400 m run-buy in.

Then 1 rep per minute of 95lb clean. Scale as necessary.

Examples:
    First minute-1 clean
    Second minute-2 cleans
    Third minute-3 cleans etc…
    You may break the sets up but if you can’t do all the reps in the minute, you are done.

The fast you do the required reps the more time to rest you get. You are rewarded for pushing yourself.

12 complete rounds + 8 reps in the 13th minute. That is 86 reps of 95lb cleans. The sucks starts coming on at about the 9th minute.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5-23-12

4 Rounds for time:

Run 200m
    40 Squats (body weight)
    10 Burpees
    20 KettleBell swings (53lb/35lb)

20:30

Wife did it with us today. It was hot.....

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5-29-12

400 M RUN

TABATA TUESDAY:
    20 seconds of work with 10 seconds rest @ 8 rounds.

Rest 1 minute b/t exercises as follows:
    Squats (20 seconds work, 10 sec rest for 8 rounds)

1 min rest

pull ups(20 seconds work, 10 sec rest for 8 rounds)

1min rest

push ups(20 seconds work, 10 sec rest for 8 rounds)

1 min rest

sit ups.(20 seconds work, 10 sec rest for 8 rounds)

1 min rest

400 M RUN

The tabata series should be 20 minutes total. It looks like a lot but it is fast.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    At the request of one in the group, here is the Pathetic: AMRAP in 20min;

Warm up: 2 rounds – 5 pull ups, 10 squats, 10 knees to elbows

Start 20minute clock

10 Box jump burpees - 24” box

15 KB swings – 35lb girls, 53lb boys.

As Many Rounds As Possible:
    In case you are wondering what a box jump burpee is - jump up on box, step off to other side and perform burpee. Repeat.

6 complete rounds + 2 Burpee Box Jumps starting round 7

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information