Thread: Introducing ChrisFit

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    :sheep:

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've actually gotten some PMs asking for WODs for today. We take the weekends off, and some of us do light jogging and the like to work soreness out. However, Sgt. Chris has taken off to the beach. He did leave the week's schedule. I will do them in order, but feel free to copy and paste them with your times and/or thoughts:

I will be out of town next week. Here are 4 WODS, if you choose to drink the kool-aide.

Monday 7/9/12
    For time: 21-15-9; pull-ups, thrusters 95/55lb, step up lunges (per leg) 20” box, push-ups.

Tuesday 7/10/12
    Warm up: 2 rounds – 10 back extensions, 20 squats.
    For Time 4 Rounds: 10 dead lifts 225/135lb, 200m, 20 sit-ups.

Wednesday 7/11/12
    Warm up: 2 rounds – 20 squats, 10-4 count jumping jacks.
    For Time 4 Rounds: 15 KB swings (53/35lb), 20 monkey jumps, 15 DB press 40/20lbs.

Thursday 7/12/13
    Warm up: 2 rounds – 10 ring dip, 20 sit-ups.
    For Time 4 Rounds: 12 OH walking lunges 45/25 plate (each leg), 15 box jump 24/20, 25 push up, 20 wall ball.

Never be afraid to take one of the earlier workouts and hit them up too.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Today was my Mondy so:

Monday 7/9/12
    For time: 21-15-9; pull-ups, thrusters 95/55lb, step up lunges (per leg) 20” box, push-ups.

15:00

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    7/16/12

Run for thirty minutes. Post your distance:

3.2 Miles

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    7/17/12

Warm up:
    2 sets
    10 push ups
    10 sit ups
    10 squats

Skill training: (increase weight each set but concentrate on perfect form ie skill training)
    5, 5, 5 Over Head Squats.

WOD:
    12 min AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible):

5 burpees
    10 KB swings 53lb bell
    10 box jumps 24" box

6 + the burpees on round 7

Went and ran 1.5 miles afterwards on my own.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    7/18/12

Warm up:
    2 rounds
    10 dips
    10-4 count jumping jacks.

For time: 21-15-9 set:
    Sumo Dead lift High Pull 75/35
    Pull-ups
    Front Squats 75/35

11:50

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    7/19/12

WOD 4 Rounds:

15 Thrusters 115lbs
    30 Med-ball sit-ups 20-25lb ball
    30 OH plate lunges 25lb (15 each leg)
    15 back extensions.

25:25
    This earned me some beer. In pain.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    7/20/12

This one was lighter, most likely to the intensity of the last two.

AMRAP (As many reps as possible)IN 15 MIN:

5 box jumps(24" box)
    1o pushups
    20 sit ups

Your mileage may vary, but this is the type of workout I like to add some running to. 1 mile before and 1 after. Not some crazy pace, but just a good jog on both. Get the blood flowing before and work the week's soreness out afterwards. I also like to move the box outside where it is hot. Sweat it out and stretch really well after your last jog.

12 rounds

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sorry for the down time, but in-house training was a workout in itself this week.

7/23/12
    3 Rounds for time:
    15 Wall Balls, 30 Squats
    10 Thrusters 95/45
    Run 400m

7/24/12
    AMRAP in 6 min:
    10 hand release pushups(chest on ground hands up and off, back down push up for 1)
    10 push press #95/65

Rest 2 min.:

AMRAP in 6 min:
    10 kb swings
    10 burpees

7/25/12

5 Rounds for time:
    7 Clean & Jerk 115/65
    15 Box jumps (24" box)
    20 Push-ups

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    To make up we got tomorrow's early:

7/26/12

Warm up then -

4 Rounds:
    5 pull ups
    10 burpees.

3 Rounds:
    5 box jumps
    10 burpees
    15 kb swings.

2 Rounds:
    5 pull ups
    10 burpees
    15 kb swings
    20 OH plate lunges

1 Round:
    5 box jumps
    10 burpees
    15 kb swings
    20 OH plate lunges
    400 m run.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Sorry for the down time, but in-house training was a workout in itself this week.
    No need to apologize!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The bad news is case load hit me this week. The good news is I've been so busy that I haven't had time to eat either, averaged about 1500 low carb calories a day. Got back on the wagon today:

We moved all the bars and bells outside today. It was 94 degrees and 95% humidity so we did a bit of sweating.

8/1/12

Sets of:
    10-8-6-4-2:

Dead lift 185/115
    KB Swings
    Run 400m (once per round) 1.25 miles total.

16:05

I assume your legs deciding not to work at random times afterwards is normal.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    8/3/12

The Filthy Fifties:

For time:
    50 Box jump
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings
    Walking Lunge 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press @ 75 lb
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots
    50 Burpees
    50 Thrusters @ 75lb.

The time depressed me and I couldn't see straight so I quit keeping it and concentrated on finishing.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I was off Monday but will be making that one up. Meanwhile today's:

8/7/12

For time:
    21 Thrusters @ 95/55 lbs
    21 Pull-ups
    15 Snatches @ 95/45 lbs
    15 Clean and Jerks @ 115/65 lbs
    9 Dead lifts @ 225/155 lbs
    9 HSPU (hand stand push ups)

11:33

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    8/8/12

Warm up:
    50 squats
    35 pushups

For Time:
    800m
    10 push press 95/45lb
    15 box jumps 20 sit ups

400m
    10 push press 115/65lb
    15 box jumps
    20 sit ups

200m
    10 push press 115/65lb
    15 box jumps
    20 sit ups

100m
    135/95lb
    15 box jumps
    20 sit ups

21:57

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Been busy and out of state at training, but back in the saddle. I thought that 100 reps of push ups, sit ups, body squats would keep in the groove of ChrisFit....not so much.

Warm up:
    400m run
    30 lunges
    40 sit ups

For Time:
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps:
    Push press 115/75
    Knees to Elbows
    Box jumps
    53lb KB swings

22:58 In pain

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    9-6-12

Warm up with 400m and stretching.

AMRAP 15 min:
    10 hang cleans
    15 jumping squats
    20 sit-ups
    The hang clean should be unbroken, so pick a weight you can do without stopping. This is cardio and form day.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    9-7-12

Getting this out for those working tomorrow.
    4 Rounds:
    15-Overhead squats 75/45lb
    10 shoot through
    5-deadlifts 225/135lb

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Guys I promise I'm still hitting these just busy with kids, case load, and the rest of life.

That being said I give you something extra STUPID.

135lb Barbell 5 rounds for time:

15 deadlifts
    12 hanging cleans
    9 push press

30:20

If you want uberstupid this workout called for using 155lbs. Only one guy in the group used that and he outweighs me by forty pounds. I have no grip left.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information