Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO

Non-work out workouts

Inspired by today's post in the Chrisfit thread... What non-workouts "workouts" have you done lately? Example:

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    (lots of stuff about cutting down and cutting up a tree that I deleted, then decided not to derail that thread--jks919)

Flipped most of the pieces and carried the rest. I feel like used to in high school after playing in a football game. Daddy is sore.
    You have my sympathy. Didn't go to the gym today, either.

I got up, went to Lowes, and bought materials. 3 10 ft 4x4s, 2 10 ft 2x4s, 24 6 ft 1x6s, 1 10 ft 1x4, 2 60lb sacks of concrete, miscellaneous other items like screws, nails, etc. Loaded them into a truck (I admit; the loader dude there helped with the loading). Drove truck home, and unloaded all of the above by myself, lugging it 35 yards or so to the work area. Returned truck. Dug 3 holes (some assistance there from my dad; I had one done before he arrived, he dug about half of the others) by hand (power lines too close to use an auger). Planted 3 posts, attached 2 stringers, and got about 1/3 of the 1x6s hung on the stringers. Yeah -- I'm sore, too! (Tomorrow is for finishing the fence, and cutting down the old scrap so that it'll be collected by the trash folks.)

Oh -- last night was tearing out the old fence by hand, and removing a crap load of nails & staples from those boards. Including yanking out the 2 old posts...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jk, my calorie deficit for that day:

Fri 27th: Calorie Intake 1670 81%

fat: 41.00g
    |
    protein: 83.00g
    |
    carbs: 133.00g

Calories burned: 3688

Total Deficit: 2018

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    How are you tracking that? It's something I could definitely use...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    http://fatsecret.com/connected/

Scan bar codes or search foods I eat. Enter exercises too. I counted that day as three hours of shoveling. Closest thing I could find to swinging an axe. It is pretty accurate as I have been getting body scans lately and speaking with a nutritionist. My recommended daily intake of calories was off by about 100 between the nutritionist and the app. I have my lifestyle set as sedentary which is far from the truth. However, it makes my good habits count less and bad slip ups count more. Keeps me honest.

See my body scans that I'm about to add to the ChrisFit thread.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Inspired by today's post in the Chrisfit thread... What non-workouts "workouts" have you done lately? Example:

You have my sympathy. Didn't go to the gym today, either.

I got up, went to Lowes, and bought materials. 3 10 ft 4x4s, 2 10 ft 2x4s, 24 6 ft 1x6s, 1 10 ft 1x4, 2 60lb sacks of concrete, miscellaneous other items like screws, nails, etc. Loaded them into a truck (I admit; the loader dude there helped with the loading). Drove truck home, and unloaded all of the above by myself, lugging it 35 yards or so to the work area. Returned truck. Dug 3 holes (some assistance there from my dad; I had one done before he arrived, he dug about half of the others) by hand (power lines too close to use an auger). Planted 3 posts, attached 2 stringers, and got about 1/3 of the 1x6s hung on the stringers. Yeah -- I'm sore, too! (Tomorrow is for finishing the fence, and cutting down the old scrap so that it'll be collected by the trash folks.)

Oh -- last night was tearing out the old fence by hand, and removing a crap load of nails & staples from those boards. Including yanking out the 2 old posts...

Thread Information