Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Any cyclists?

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Wait, I'm confused. Do you pull bikes with horses too?

Pudge and Buttercup like this.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I was a BMX'er back in the day. Stairs don't bother me on a Mountain Bike for work, but I'm not sure I'll be trying them on my road bike.
    I wouldn't. Those wheels aren't sturdy enough...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    lol, yeah sorry. I missed where you got the road bike. Definitely don't do that.
    Pudge likes this.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    lol, yeah sorry. I missed where you got the road bike. Definitely don't do that.
    All good. I read that and instantly said..."Uhhhhh......no".
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

eaglei is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    I am also thinking of using my bike to get in shape. I have a Trek hybrid but am such a novice that I don't know anyone in my area who could ride with me. (I am nervous about going out too far on my own since my city is full of bad drivers.)
    Reca: Was it hard getting use to the shoes & pedals? I have a fear of falling because I wouldn't be able to release the shoe.
    Pudge likes this.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglei View Post
    I am also thinking of using my bike to get in shape. I have a Trek hybrid but am such a novice that I don't know anyone in my area who could ride with me. (I am nervous about going out too far on my own since my city is full of bad drivers.)
    Reca: Was it hard getting use to the shoes & pedals? I have a fear of falling because I wouldn't be able to release the shoe.
    I had/have the same fears about the pedals/shoes. After a couple of weeks on this thing, I'm really starting to dislike the straps/cages/whateverthehelltheyare. I'll be getting pedals and shoes when I can.

Funny thing is, I told my wife I wasn't going to let this get too expensive to start and I'd do it gradually. The more I'm getting in to it, the bigger my wish list grows.

I did close to 20 today on our rails to trails system. I had decided I was going to push a bit farther than Friday night. I was feeling like a superstar going north. I was going faster, much easier, so I extended it a little bit. Turned around and headed for home when I realized how effective wind is. Good strong wind + my big ass = parachute. I was working to get home!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglei View Post
    The shoes did take a little getting used to. Like a lot of things it takes a while to develop muscle memory but once you do it becomes second nature.

I did take a few spills when I first got them and that helped me learn quickly.

I think the pedals are a huge advantage and you will be amazed at the results. When pedaling on standard pedals you waste energy when you foot is coming up. The pedals help use all your energy. You push down when pedaling down and when the foot is coming up you are pulling the pedal up. Much more efficient. You will really notice this when doing hills!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information