Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Man's own gut makes him drunk

The most current case comes courtesy of an unnamed 61-year-old Texas man who for five years seemed to be drunk -- all of the time.His wife, a nurse, began to give him breathalyzer tests. Even when he hadn't been drinking at all, his blood alcohol content was as high 0.40 -- five times the legal driving limit -- according to the study.
    Finally, after a 24-hour observation period at a gastroenterology practice in 2010 -- one in which he saw no visitors and underwent a battery of tests -- doctors figured out what was ailing him: His stomach was turning food into booze."The underlying mechanism is thought to be an overgrowth of yeast in the gut whereby the yeast ferments carbohydrates into ethanol."
    Study: Man had gut fermentation syndrome, making him drunk - CNN.com

Verified LEO
    I know that there is a joke in here about yeast production, and "punch drunk love", But I refuse to be the one to touch it! ;-)
    ______________________________ _____________________
    ______________________________ _ ~Support K9 Search and Rescue........GET LOST!!~

Verified LEO
    I'm sure there is a joke in here somewhere about yeast......but I'm not going there!
    ______________________________ _____________________
    ______________________________ _ ~Support K9 Search and Rescue........GET LOST!!~

Thread Information