Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Law & Order

dla4079 is offline Corporal
    Verified C/O

Thumbs up Law & Order

C.I. / S.V.U.

Come on People, I don't see anything about the BEST COP SHOW ON THE PLANET! LOL.

Don't forget about the other great ones:
    NYPD Blue
    CSI
    CSI: Miami

Capt. D. Larimore
    NTISF Gang Unit

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Your forgot Third Watch!!

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Old farts I talked to a long time ago, said the most realistic cop show on the air at the time was "Barney Miller"; who knows might still be true today.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Verified C/O

Talking What was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan
    Your forgot Third Watch!!
    How could I forget that one, but I don't know, COPROCK was pretty realistic, don't ya think. We always dance and sing at my unit!

Capt. D. Larimore
    NTISF Gang Unit

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    What the hell is COPROCK???

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by dla4079
    C.I. / S.V.U.

Come on People, I don't see anything about the BEST COP SHOW ON THE PLANET! LOL.

Don't forget about the other great ones:
    NYPD Blue
    CSI
    CSI: Miami

I have never seen a suspect interview on NYPD Blue that would hold up in court. And the fantasy on Law and Order of a defense attorney allowing police to not only interview their client, but berate them in front of them is laughable. CSI is also bullshit and if I were king, it would be taken off the air. It's done more to screw up juries by making them believe cops can do super forensic work on EVERY crime scene than anything else. I wonder how many crooks have walked after being found not guilty by a jury influenced by CSI?

Barney Miller was good and so was the first year or so of Hill Street Blues, before it became a soap opera.

Personally, I like Reno911
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt
    I have never seen a suspect interview on NYPD Blue that would hold up in court. And the fantasy on Law and Order of a defense attorney allowing police to not only interview their client, but berate them in front of them is laughable. CSI is also bullshit and if I were king, it would be taken off the air. It's done more to screw up juries by making them believe cops can do super forensic work on EVERY crime scene than anything else. I wonder how many crooks have walked after being found not guilty by a jury influenced by CSI?

Barney Miller was good and so was the first year or so of Hill Street Blues, before it became a soap opera.

Personally, I like Reno911

BOTH NYPD Blue (My favorite Cop show of all time) and Law & Order seem to be possessed of the same frailty:
    Miranda simply doesn't exist in NYC.
    The NYPD members who I know have ALL said this is NOT the case and the interrogations their Detectives conduct are NOTHING like the ones depicted in these series. (Hence the reason why the TV shows are so entertaining.)

Beating confessions out of people went out with high button shoes, I'm afraid. I almost went toe-to-toe with a suspect (Wanted for running over and killing a pedestrian) who was so high on crack during the interview that he broke a tooth right in front of me.
    When I wouldn't let him out of the "Box" he went nuts, took up a fighters stance and DEMANDED to be released.

I had to go home and get a migraine that night for NOT beating the dogshit out of him....
    Last edited by BACADetective; 06-11-06 at 07:43 AM.

Verified C/O

Coprock.....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan
    What the hell is COPROCK???
    In what must have been one of the shortest lived series on network television, "Cop Rock" was part "Real Stories of the Highway Patrol" and part "Sound of Music". After chasing down a criminal, the force would take to the street for an organized dance number, then haul the guy back to HQ. This may have been the only series to have been based on a broadway musical format.The 1990s started off with one of the boldest experiments ever attempted in American television # the creation of an hour-long weekly television police drama, done as a musical. Longtime television innovator Steven Bochco, creator of major hits like Hill Street Blues and L.A. Law, took the biggest risk of his career. He brought the musical back to television but this time as a gritty, street-wise cop show called Cop Rock. The songs were written by a stable of songwriters ably led by the Oscar-winning Randy Newman.

Capt. D. Larimore
    NTISF Gang Unit

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'm with RDS, from the stories I've heard (and the things I've seen around here) Reno 911 is closer to the mark. And, of course, the more comical moments from Super Troopers.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    when I went to the academy......they called me "andy" guess mayberry is the place to be!!!
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    I'm a fan of 3rd watch. If I can I can remember right, there was a show on ABC a couple years back called 10-8 about a rookie deputy that was on FTO for The LASO. That was a cool one.
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Does anyone else remember "Broken Badges"? Miguel Ferrer & Ernie Hudson, among others, playing cops who had kind of snapped and were in therapy. It only ran 8 episodes in 90-91, but was a good show.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson

Nope, but then again..........you're quite a bit older than I am.

HAAA HAAA!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Watch it, Whippersnapper, or I'll come after you with my cane.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)

In that case..................ah never mind, just spank me and get it over with.

YESSSS!

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    As for cops shoes, Homicide Life on the Street was pretty good. I liked that some of their cases were not solved in the hour to let folks know not every case is solved.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Growler
    As for cops shoes, Homicide Life on the Street was pretty good. I liked that some of their cases were not solved in the hour to let folks know not every case is solved.

Wow! You sure pay attention to the little details don't you!

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    I remember 10-8! I liked that show but since it doesn't show cops being dirty it didn't last long. it brought back some memories of being in field training.

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    third watch is indeed pretty cool.

24 is another good one... different kind of show, but pretty cool. Funny how so much shit can happen in one hour...
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Thread Information