4 28.57%
  • Alabama

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO

Ace's College Matchups to Watch-10/21/06

I dunno if there are any big College Football fans here, but I thought I'd do a thread on a couple of the big matchups this weekend and who I think will win them...

1. (13) Georgia Tech at (12) Clemson

IMO you can't ask for a more exciting matchup. Clemson this year is ranked 6th overall in total offense averaging 459 yards per game, and 4th in total defense allowing only 234 y/pg. The Yellow Jackets however are 54th in total offense, and are 17th in defense allowing 257 y/pg. So far GA Tech has had the slightly tougher schedule having played Notre Dame (their only loss of the season) and Virginia Tech. Overall this should be a strong game from both teams, but Clemson will likely edge out GA. Prediction: 24-20 Clemson

2. (5) Texas at (17) Nebraska

Both these teams have had fairly tough schedules so far, and Texas 11th ranked defense is going to try to stop Nebraskas 8th ranked offense. Texas however may not have starting Tackle Frank Okam which will greatly weaken there 2nd ranked rushing defense. If Okam can play, Texas will shut them down. But if not, look for Nebraska to pound out an upset at home. Prediction: 17-10 Texas

3. Alabama at (7) Tennessee

Tennessee has come on strong this year, thanks mostly to a strong passing game that has averaged 291 y/pg. Alabma however, has had great success with the passing defense and has allowed 159 y/pg. The key for the Tide is for the defense to come up big. However, Tennesee at home should take this one fairly easily. Prediction: 28-17 Tennessee.
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Emily is offline Corporal
    I'm going to go ahead and vote for Nebraska, like a good Nebraskan should. BUT.... I do have a feeling Texas is going to win.

Ace
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and vote for Nebraska, like a good Nebraskan should. BUT.... I do have a feeling Texas is going to win.
    It will be a good game, a friend of mine is flying out to watch it. You never know, Nebraska has the advantage of being at home, they could pull out the upset...

lynnz05 is offline Corporal
    Im cheering for Texas of course
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

CopsRCool302 Guest
    GO CORNHUSKERS! 28-10 is my pick

CopsRCool302 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    shame on you girl! Nebraska all the way! even though texas is a good team, Huskers are HOT at home..

1*girl Guest
    I'm not voting since I strongly dislike all of those teams. (now if the fightin' Irish are added to the list, maybe I'll vote then. My Dawgs are having a bad season.) Anyway. I think it's freakin' hiliarious NOBODY has yet to pick Tech!

Ace
    Verified LEO
    Final Scores:
    Texas 22 Nebraska 20
    Tennessee 16 Alabama 13
    Clemson 31 Georgia Tech 7

Thread Information